Are your gauges scratched? This helped me!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

haha yeah, panty hoes are sweet. 4 days before my OW checkout dives last year I scraped half the skin off my arm in an all-too-common dirtbike crash. got me a section of panty hoes, cut off the foot and rolled it over my wound. it kept the wetsuit from peeling off the scab. just think of them as a second skin.

what cant panty hoes do?

I find that once in the water, the scratches disappear so to speak. I imagine the clear fingernail polish you are using is filling the scratches much like the water would do.

Jason

This has worked for me on acrylic camera housing domes, I'm sure it would work on gauges as well.

Ze link

All the best, James

Assuming your gauges dont go into diving mode the second they touch water, what about putting them in a sink with minimal water just to cover the face to read the gauges. I dont have much nail polish around my house, being a single male :wink:

I use the plastic face protectors like are used with PDAs. They seem to hold up well and do a great job of protecting the face from scratches. They are very cheap and easy to install.

simbrooks:
Assuming your gauges dont go into diving mode the second they touch water, what about putting them in a sink with minimal water just to cover the face to read the gauges. I dont have much nail polish around my house, being a single male :wink:

I guess I could have a tub of water near my computer while I log the dives :)) Actaully, I think its more a cosmetic thing. I just don't like my (actually my wifes) gear looking too worn out. But then again it's new and after a while I probably won't care any more!! As far as keeping the nail polish around the house...your on your own!! :eyebrow:

When we used to do what was affectionately called...forced marches...in the Army we would wear those kind that came in eggs. The key was to cut the pee hole BEFORE you put them on or you could really seriously hurt yourself with a K-Bar trying to cut a hole while you had them on.
rich

gypsyjim:
Thanks alot. Now I have to be prepared to explain why I have nail pollish in my dive bag. Good tip though.

It can't be any different than trying to explain why you have a bottle of personal lubricant in your dive bag.

Back
Top Bottom