Are your gauges scratched? This helped me!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dlndavid:
Yeah, and can someone give me a good tip on what nylons can be used for in diving?

I remember reading about the box jellyfish, and acording to the article Australian surfers who surf in the same area as the jellies put pantyhose over their arms and legs. They claim that the stingers on the jellies aren't long enough to even penetrate nylon.

Like the pee hole mentioned before, I guess you would want to cut the head hole BEFORE pulling 'em over your arms...

MAK52580:
Replace duct tape.
Actually it can. I was gearing up to dive with my son when some of the #9 shot started leaking out of one of my sons soft weights (they are homemade). I wrapped it in duct tape, but I couldnt seem to get the shot to stop leaking. I dropped the pack into a section of pantyhose, tied a knot in the end, doubled it over and tied it again. Works great and is actually holding up.

Desa:
Actually it can. I was gearing up to dive with my son when some of the #9 shot started leaking out of one of my sons soft weights (they are homemade). I wrapped it in duct tape, but I couldnt seem to get the shot to stop leaking. I dropped the pack into a section of pantyhose, tied a knot in the end, doubled it over and tied it again. Works great and is actually holding up.

I stand corrected :)

Well if you really want to know...you can use a feminine napkin (kotex) to stop the bleeding of a wound. Some will say not to but I think it would be better than bleeding out.

crpntr133:
Well if you really want to know...you can use a feminine napkin (kotex) to stop the bleeding of a wound. Some will say not to but I think it would be better than bleeding out.
Certain other feminine products are actually really good at helping stop bad nosebleeds.

If you're bleeding so badly that you're in danger of bleeding out, I'd suggest visiting a hospital as the Kotex will mostlikely not be enough to stop such a bleeding. :wink:

Sometimes, you easily be days away from the care of a hospital.

and if you can stick a tampon up your nose then you really have problems.

Okay so they have all the excuses right for when Mom visits: No mom.. it is for...

* Lubricating the seals to get my drysuit on.

* I only wear them when I am diving to help put a wetsuit on.

* The polish hides the scratches on my gauge faces.

* It keeps the sand out of my M16 Barrel

* It is a cold water mask with a zipper.

Back
Top Bottom