Arm Set

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got the Optical Ocean Sales Single Underwater Camera Tray/Arm Set 1, Focus light and Sync Cord. I had purchased my strobe when I purchased the camera, but it was attached to a short arm on top of the housing.

Here is a picture of the set up so far. Flash Diffuser is coming out and I am going to install the sync cord tonight.

Attachments

• Olympus.jpg
    Olympus.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 44
What do you guys think about the ufl-1? I am about to pick up the new tough 8000 with case and I wanted to keep the price of the strobe reasonable but good. The price that they are seeling the strobe with arm at $329 seems like a steal but I am wondering how the quality, strength and refresh times are. I know that Jack at Optical Ocean has the Ultramax combo for not much more but I am wondering about the difference between a known Olympus brand working with an Olympus camera and an unknown strobe. I was also wondering if I ever wanted to expand and put another ufl-1 on the other side if that is even an option???
Thanks,
AJ

I've gotten good results with the UFL-1 (I do a lot of macro). I added the focus light for larger objects and deeper dives. There are better strobes out there, but for now I am pleased with the results of the UFL-1.

Back
Top Bottom