Arrow and cookie holder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Belmont

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm starting Cavern/intro-cave (Cenote) in march and I need an arrow holder made with a bolt snap and a length of bungie.

I have a pretty good idea what it looks like but I wonder what diameter bungie cord is the best.

How long should it be?

How is it attached to the bolt snap?

How are the arrows clipped to it?

Is there a DIR recommended way?

Anyone here has a picture?

Thank you

Michael

Bungie is not thick enough to hold markers, use surgical tubing. I run it across my light head like this.

light.jpg

Its not DIR though.

Bungee has worked fine for me. I believe it is 3/8" but I would have to check to be sure. I holds cookies and arrows very secure, and requires a short pull on the bungee to streach it out slightly to remove either a cookie or arrow. The bolt snap is attached by a couple of zip ties.

I use a length of surgical tubing ziptied to a boltsnap long enough to hold, say 4 pins and 4 arrows which I keep stocked and in my pocket. I also have a length of bungie run tight (but not stretched) across my lighthead like Daedalus which I add pins or arrows to if I know I will need them for the dive (planned T's, unmarked jumps, etc.)

I use 3/8 inch bungee with a knot on the free end and a couple of folds over the clip with zip ties to secure the folds. My bungee is about 3 inches long, enough for a few arrows and cookies and clothes pins.

I like surgical tubing. When I back mount I have a 3"segment of tubing cable tied to my right chest d-ring in the upper corner. When I sidemount I use a necklace of surgical tubing.

Is that so when you finally wrestle an arrow off, your backup reg twaps you in the face? :rofl3:

The surgical tubing is secure, maybe a little too secure!

No backup regulator near my neck area when I sidemount,so I guess an OOA diver will "twap" me in the face.

No backup regulator near my neck area when I sidemount,so I guess an OOA diver will "twap" me in the face.

:rofl3:
You guys are TOO FUNNY !!!
I also use surgical tubing , attached to a bolt snap. I keep mine clipped to my right shoulder D-ring. I have gotten used to "a pulling" on the tubing with my left hand and right hang snappin dat cookie off.

I be Deadly with the tubing up around my neck area. GADS !!!
I end up snapping myself silly. :confused:

Jeano

P.S. And I find myself almost exclusively using cookies now. I think the ONLY time I would use an arrow is for Lost Line/Buddy. SO my holder is almost all cookies with a few arrows and some spairs stuffed in me pockets. :D

If you use surgical tubing, be sure to use thick walled tubing. 3/8" thin walled tubing will not hold arrows or cookies well enough to prevent them from being lost and will sometimes result in a cookie or arrow next to the one you pull off coming off as well.

The thick walled tubing I have measures .330 OD, so it is closer to 5/16" than 3/8".

I attach the tubing to the bolt snap by looping it back on itself and securing it with a zip tie. I have seen divers who use two zip ties, but I don't see the need myself with surgical tubing. Bungee is a little stiffer and it can slide on the kernmantel outer cover so two zip ties may be a good idea if you use bungee.

I leave 3" to 4" of working room on the tubing and then put a knot in the end to keep anything from sliding off. I have also seen this done without the knot so take your pick.

I carry mine on right shoulder D-ring.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom