Artificial Reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Jag,

Do you have UW pictures of AR's they are establishing in Calatagan Bay. 10 pyramids of concrete AR's would be a great sight, especially if they are sorrounded by schools fishes. I am looking for designs we can replicate for our AR proj here in Quezon.
:dazzler1:

Guys! We are looking for "diver deliverable" pieces of an artificial reef. We want our divers to pay for the use of our natural resources by making the tourist contribute to the reef's health. The way to make reefs better is to have a way to improve them by replacing what has been destroyed. We need diagrams, photos, anything. The cost of doing this expensive....lets put the cost on the tourist diver and make our part of the world better.

Aside from the reeflets mentioned by paolov, are there any plans of scuttling a ship and making it an artificial reef. I know both will achieve the same objective, but the latter attracts more divers.
Anyway, its great that such a program exist in the Philippines.

Yesterday, two buddies of mine put in the 1000th dome here in sarangani bay. Attached is a picture of them. They started the project in April, funding the project themselves. Since then, they have gotten some money from civic clubs but the bulk is still out of their own pocket. There is already growth after a few months, especially the ones we drilled holes in and stuck coral in the holes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom