Aruba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Treetop

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone ever dive with Mermaid Dive Center out of Aruba?
Traveling there 1st week of June with a few friends and scoping out the dive shops around.

I dove with Jads last April. PM me if you want more info.

Here is what I posted to Tripadvisor, My wife and I dove with JADS from May 1 to May 6, 2010.
-------------------------
Not “Just Another Dive Store” (JADS),
Before heading to any new dive destination I do the normal Internet research: Scuba Board, Trip Advisor, Facebook and the operation’s web sites. Other than the occasional “Sour Grapes” posting, ALL the Dive operations in Aruba came across as about the same or “Just Another Dive Store”.
This trip to Aruba was going to be our First (and our Honeymoon), and my wife and I wanted to get our Advanced Open Water Certification. I found it difficult to distinguish between the many dive operations on Aruba, but I did find a way to differentiate between dive operations when everyone says they are great, and everyone makes you feel like “Family”.
I thought it was a line (after seeing it more than once), and it struck me as funny was how everyone kept remarking how they felt like everyone at JADS were family by the time they were done with their vacations.
I have to admit I am now a bit prejudice but I have to reaffirm the sentiment, after five days of diving by my wife and me (eleven dives in all); WE are part of the JADS extended Family. JADS is Not just another dive store.

looks like they have a good deal going for unlimited dives for the week at mermaid divers, just trying to get the most dives while i'm down there while still staying safe, and i don't see many postings on them as of yet. Lots on JADs and Dive with Clive though.

I was down there in February and dove with Diversity. They are located next to Marriott Surf club and Moomba's. I had an excellent experience.

Back
Top Bottom