Ascending to the surface

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It depends on the dive operator. Some now say the safety stop is required after every dive..."you may not need it, but it won't hurt."

That is operator requirement, not a requirement according to OW standards.

I’m not sure how you’d do that- if I was taught in OW, I’m a failure🤣- I’d assume it’d have to do with managing your weight and stuff? I’m really curious how to do that
This is taught in some current classes, usually the DIR oriented ones.

You just need to learn the concept of balanced rig, i.e never be negative by more than 5kg for example if you think you can swim up 5kg without bcd.

The two important things that change during the dive is the weight of the gas and the wetsuit compression if you dive a wetsuit.

I had my BC inflator fail open on a dive, made that dive interesting to say the least.
I had that happen, too. It was the 1st dive of our week at Anthony's Key 2 years ago. After I realized it was stuck open, I still did the dive. I was only a couple if pounds overweighted but was still able to hold my safety stop. I took it to the dive shop after that dive and he got it fixesin less than a minute.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom