Ascent rate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I asked a simple question...what are your observations and/or opinions concerning divers making quick ascents following their safety stop.
Making sure you look up when ascending and discussions on buoyancy control have nothing to do with my question.

Please explain why your only reply to the thread is one of criticism yet you say "not to be combative"? I guess I don't quite understand your position.

I htink your inital question was answered fully and repeatedly. As a natural course, the discussion became more technical. It is still a logical development of your intial post though.

so ideally one would rise and fall with just breath control correct? When you are ascending you are not kicking with your fins? I would imagine that kicking with fins to go up would be too fast in the last 15' and go out of control.

Yes, one can nicely control an ascent by initiating moving up with breath, and then venting to control the rate or to make appropriate stops. It becomes a very elegant process when done well, but requires practice.

Yes, one can nicely control an ascent by initiating moving up with breath, and then venting to control the rate or to make appropriate stops. It becomes a very elegant process when done well, but requires practice.

...and what else are you doing of interest at that point in the dive? The last few minutes of every dive provides you with this opportunity to practice valuable buoyancy skills.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom