Assault at 60 feet below in Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
H2Andy:
by aggressive touching, i would imagine. sexual crimes are usually not about
sex, but about power. it's someone demonstrating to someone else "i can do
this to you whether you want it or not"

Well..that and there is the perversity behind the mind game. Its the feeling of power because somewhere else important to them they have none. There also those who only see others as objects of fantasy or obsession.

Thanks Andy, for the quick confirmation.

Fonfon: you have my deepest admiration for the courage to not only talk about this on a public forum, thereby raising awareness, but also for following through with reporting to the authorities and to the dive agency. My heart goes out to you for the pain you have endured. Sexual assault is a crime of violence and terror, no matter where it occurs. I'm so glad you are getting help. I can tell you from personal experience that the healing process is long and difficult, but it does come. Feel free to PM me anytime, if it will help to talk to someone who knows what you are going through.

Fonfon5, I'm terribly sorry about your ordeal. I just want to let you know that not all men are like that. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that he isn't a real man, just a pervert of the male persuasion. I hope you have a full recovery and my deepest condolonces and prayers go out to you.

My heart goes out to you. I will add you to the prayer jar, hope that doesn't offend.

Geez, I hope that pervert stays out of the water and ends up in jail. It took courage for you to come here and tell everyone what happened to you. As with everyone here, I am really sorry about that idiot assaulting you. I just hope that you're not discouraged from diving because of that person.

Wow, call me naive but I'm blown away by this. As if sexual assault in and of itself isn't dispicable enough, compounding that w/ a startled/paniced or otherwise compromised diver at depth is just beyond my comprehension.

I hope that being expelled from PADI is the least of what happens to this guy.

You have my sincere sympathy and I wish you all the best in your efforts to deal with this. God bless.

Regards,
jca

As the victim in this situation, it was beyond my wildest nightmares to think any such thing could happen. I was the only student on the open water course and the instructor removed my equipment and regulator at 60 feet and forced me to breath with his regulator........I am too upset to discuss other details with you. The instructor has been expelled from PADI and he was put in jail when I filed the police report in Mexico. It has been hell. His name is '--------------' and you can find his name now posted on the PADI website.

oceancrest67:
I should have asked the next question in my earlier reply: was this person the only student in a group or was this a one on one with the "instructor"? Really foolhardy behavior by the instructor...what other details are there...does the instructor have a reputation? Did any other students take note of this instructor's behavior?

Just curios about the circumstances.

Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark... Do not let the hero in your soul perish, in lonely frustration for the life you deserve...
The world you desire can be won. It exists, it is real, it is possible, it is yours.

Ayn Rand

Peace

I think instead of expelling him from the water completely, all of his victims should first get together and take him on an empowerment dive. Fill his pockets with about 40 lbs. of lead, send him down about 200' with a rope around his tank, then after about 10 minutes, fully inflate the 5 safety sausages that are tied to that rope on his tank and watch him fly to the surface. Oh, and the chamber is busy that day.

fonfon, best of luck to you, and kudos for standing up for yourself and also for sharing your trauma with the rest of us. Both actions took a ton of courage on your part.

Our paltry words pale in ability to express our outrage and shock, and your pain is exponentially greater than this. There is no reason to find for this. Some being that doesn't know that real pleasure is only derived from the emotional connection, not the physical act. You are above them. They tried and failed to pull you under.

Admiration for reporting this to the police. Hope they handled it with the compassion required.

One question:

Do you recall any signs prior to the dive which pointed to a possible problem?

CLARIFICATION:

YOU HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THIS ACT. My question is only for keeping vigilant in the future.

fonfon5:
As the victim in this situation, it was beyond my wildest nightmares to think any such thing could happen. I was the only student on the open water course and the instructor removed my equipment and regulator at 60 feet and forced me to breath with his regulator........I am too upset to discuss other details with you. The instructor has been expelled from PADI and he was put in jail when I filed the police report in Mexico. It has been hell. His name is '--------------------' and you can find his name now posted on the PADI website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom