Atom 2.0 Strange Issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Phil and Dave,

I will try new batteries and check the terminals. I have already mentioned it to the owner of the shop where I bought them and he has no problem in sending them back and said that they will just be replaced. only trouble is that I am without a computer while I am waiting for it to come back.

I think my main concern is that it is a known issue and what guarantee I would have that the replacement doesn't have the same problem.

Thanks again

Shawn

Being in Oz, I don't know how long it will take to get replaced. Here in the US it takes about a week. There's no guarantee that you won't have the same issue with new ones. The only reassurance I can give you is that it's been quite a while since I've seen any posts about battery issues.

Maybe your LDS will lend you a computer out of his rental gear while yours is gone?

Got a refund on the Atom 2.0 now diving a Suunto D4, perfect, no issues!

Just got back from a trip to PNG. After 15 dives the Atom 2 indicated that the battery had been changed and the watch reset itself but the computer settings stayed the same. Also after the 1st dive it indicated EL2 instead of SEA until the reset then did the same again. I'm off to the dive shop this morning for a new battery so will ask about the behviour then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom