Atomic Aquatics Cobalt 2: unsafe at any depth?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unfortunately, another failure of Cobalt 2 ... computer thinks I'm still at 1.9m for the past 180 minutes. What's up? How to get the thing to recognize that I quite diving two hours ago? Will it just run until the battery dies? Reckon I'll need to add my list to the backlog of computers going back to Atomic for repair. How do I get on the list?

---------- Post added July 23rd, 2014 at 08:55 PM ----------

Ron... great to have you as an advocate and support. My Cobalt 2 is also acting screwy... thinks I'm at 1.9m for the past 186 minutes. How do I get it to stop? Once it does stop, do I send it back to Atomic or through my dive shop?

Unfortunately, another failure of Cobalt 2 ... computer thinks I'm still at 1.9m for the past 180 minutes. What's up? How to get the thing to recognize that I quite diving two hours ago? Will it just run until the battery dies? Reckon I'll need to add my list to the backlog of computers going back to Atomic for repair. How do I get on the list?

---------- Post added July 23rd, 2014 at 08:55 PM ----------

Ron... great to have you as an advocate and support. My Cobalt 2 is also acting screwy... thinks I'm at 1.9m for the past 186 minutes. How do I get it to stop? Once it does stop, do I send it back to Atomic or through my dive shop?

If it’s stuck at depth, that’s a clear indication of exactly this depth sensor failure. It causes the computer to read slightly too deep, so it’s still thinking you are underwater. While the Cobalt may stop the dive- it will time out eventually- the problem is still there and it will happen again.

It's up to you whether you go though your dealer or contact Atomic directly, but the Cobalt will almost certainly need to be replaced. Adan is in charge of repairs and service on Cobalts: Adan Campos adan DOT campos@huishoutdoors DOT com Since they shut down production as soon as this issue appeared, it has taken some time to build inventory back up so they can fill backorders and meet demand, but there isn’t a backlog of returns at Atomic, the numbers have been small. There was a big backlog of orders, though.

I’m not sure what the most efficient way to get a replacement for you in OZ, but I am sure Atomic will do whatever it takes.

I would be interested to know how many dives were on this Cobalt when you saw this issue.

Ron

This was the 13th dive on this computer ... everything worked fine up to that point. I'll drop a note to Adan Campos. Thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom