Atomic M1: Good Purchase?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jcrain33:
I've been trying to step my gear up to tech in preparation for an upcoming tech class I will be taking. I'm having a difficult time deciding on a regulator, and as I've searched the board I've noticed there are many different strong opinions.

I have dived with an Atomic Z1 since I started diving, and I am leaning towards upgrading to an M1 because I love the feel and ease of breathing with the Atomics. Is this a good choice, or are there other brands and models I need to give some serious attention to?
Please fillout your profile, most questions are very user specific and these 'pros' will have a lot easier job of answering if they can determine your greater needs.
I'm looking at the Atomic M1 too, because I need/want a regulator that will work in cold, deep, and tropical not planning on diving the Victoria sewers anytime soon though so don't know about the need for great environmental seals. Maybe there are other reasons for that too, say a silt out in a wreck. I'm having a tiff at this time with some business practices of certain companies and haven't found a reason to pout about Atomic... yet.
I like to hang around upside down too, never did understand the whole geotropism concept while in the water, so I need a regulator that doesn't need a specific attitude to function its best.
Michael Schlink states my fear, that there is no one size fits all, oh please someone convince me otherwise.
Or not.

Tom

Nomaster:
Please fillout your profile, most questions are very user specific and these 'pros' will have a lot easier job of answering if they can determine your greater needs.
I'm looking at the Atomic M1 too, because I need/want a regulator that will work in cold, deep, and tropical not planning on diving the Victoria sewers anytime soon though so don't know about the need for great environmental seals. Maybe there are other reasons for that too, say a silt out in a wreck. I'm having a tiff at this time with some business practices of certain companies and haven't found a reason to pout about Atomic... yet.
I like to hang around upside down too, never did understand the whole geotropism concept while in the water, so I need a regulator that doesn't need a specific attitude to function its best.
Michael Schlink states my fear, that there is no one size fits all, oh please someone convince me otherwise.
Or not.

Tom
Pardon my ignorence, I was thinking of the M1 or Z1 also...what do you mena by "fill out your profile" -- which profile and what website. Thanks
Julie

sailingangel70:
Pardon my ignorence, I was thinking of the M1 or Z1 also...what do you mena by "fill out your profile" -- which profile and what website. Thanks
Julie

Julie i dive 2 Atomic's M-1's on my doubles, and when i dive single tanks, i just add the yoke adapter to there din conection, and dive the reg from reef's too 180' wrecks to caves, it's simply FOR ME the best for my needs and i have to say, i love my M-1, i wouldnt give it up for anything, and there prices droped, i was in a Atomic dealer last week looking at the Z-1 for my wife, and the M-1 was under $700 !! They were up around $850-$900 when i bought mine , good luck, either one is an EXCELLENT reg, money well spent!!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom