Regulators to consider

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks! That’s awesome! Do you think it would be appropriate to replace with a miflex hose or will that have any affect the performance?
Hose will have no influence on breathing performance. Just keep the rubber hoses.

Do you think it would be appropriate to replace with a miflex hose or will that have any affect the performance?

I had a miflex hose on mine but I went back to a rubber hose. The miflex hose is "floaty" and gets caught on things if you aren't careful and if you are using a long hose for primary. I don't see the benefit for Miflex myself.

I had a miflex hose on mine but I went back to a rubber hose. The miflex hose is "floaty" and gets caught on things if you aren't careful and if you are using a long hose for primary. I don't see the benefit for Miflex myself.

Comes in pretty colors??

Let me hijack this thread also :bicker:I'm thinking about buying a used Scubapro regulator. What are your opinions on buying used? I would probably get it serviced after buying it.
I went to the Scubapro website to learn about their different regulator models but i only find the shop pages there and no explanations about the differences. Where can i find information about their different models (ideally including past models)?
I plan to primarily dive in warm water, sometimes with Nitrox. Thanks.

Let me hijack this thread also :bicker:I'm thinking about buying a used Scubapro regulator. What are your opinions on buying used? I would probably get it serviced after buying it.
I went to the Scubapro website to learn about their different regulator models but i only find the shop pages there and no explanations about the differences. Where can i find information about their different models (ideally including past models)?
I plan to primarily dive in warm water, sometimes with Nitrox. Thanks.
Tell us what model and you’ll learn all about it, here not from SP.

I normally only buy used regulators, new only if a killer deal comes with it.

I have no idea about the models.. MK25 evo seems to be a common one these days?

I have no idea about the models.. MK25 evo seems to be a common one these days?
MK 25 is the most common SP first stage, it’s been their top seller for over 20 years.

You should definitely get it serviced after buying it. Factor the cost of service into the purchase price. Depending on the price, the used reg may not be such a good deal.

Why ScubaPro? Not implying that they don’t make good gear, but they certainly aren’t the only ones that make good gear. You also, admittedly, don’t know a lot about the models. So why limit the available market?

You should definitely get it serviced after buying it. Factor the cost of service into the purchase price. Depending on the price, the used reg may not be such a good deal.
The price of replacement hoses is not insignificant. So, if you should need to replace hoses, factor in these costs, too.

rx7sig

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom