Atomic or Zeagle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looking at getting a new reg set. Trying to decide if paying a couple hundred more for an Atomic, which has a longer service interval than a Zeagle, is worth it. I think I have a pretty good understanding of the differences in metals, etc. but as far as I can tell I probably would not mind those differences. I tend to dive not too cold and a max about 130'. Probably will never get into teck diving. Does the Atomic have a longer interval but more expensive to service? And do you actually stick closely to the guidelines? Thanks for any opinions or input!

Dont discount the entry level Atomic reg, Z2. The design and performance is every bit the same as the higher end model for a fraction of the cost.

As for the swivels of the Atomic, for single tank setup, 1st stage swivel is almost useless. BC LP hose or drysuit hose pretty much hold the turret in place. It is only worth the extra if I plan to use it for double tank setup. For 2nd stage swivel, I had mine remove from my B2 when I convert to long hose/necklace setup. The swivel hose is just setting at home now. If I where to buy another reg, I will choose one without the swivel.

Wow! Great input all. Definitely brought some points I had not considered. Leaning toward Atomic now because I would want to add a swivel or miflex hose to the Zeagle which would make them even closer in price. Thanks again!

I have been a reg tech for over 20 years - I service Zeagle, but I own Atomics. I have had mine since '02 and they have been excellent. Been deep and shallow, on reefs and in wrecks, would not trade them for anything. The real difference is down the road after a few years, the Atomics are made with higher quality materials and are a better design (IMHO).

Jeff

I have been a reg tech for over 20 years - I service Zeagle, but I own Atomics....The real difference is down the road after a few years, the Atomics are made with higher quality materials and are a better design (IMHO).

SeaCobra,

Can you elaborate on what you note as the "better materials and design" of the Atomic regs vs. the Zeagles? For example, between my usual buddy and I, we have one Zeagle Flathead VI and one Atomic Z2. How would you say the Atomic is better in this case?

(Btw, we are both happy with our respective regs; I am simply curious as the type of person who is curious about such things.)

Thank you,
Blue Sparkle

Back
Top Bottom