Atomic Regs..who has them? Likes/dislikes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At a few months shy of diving my B1 for ten years I have zero criticisms.
If I ever need to replace my reg, it will likely be with another Atomic.

I have Atomic M1s for my doubles. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I wouldn't change them. Nuf said.

Last edited:
Hehehehe...I gotta agree with Downing. I could care less what douche bag celebrity dives Atomics…. If I didn’t know any better, I would have been turned off by the endorsements from Kevin, Edward, Tony and especially David…I’m from Cali and I understand that “reality” gets checked at the boarder to that state.
If you dig deeper into the list of aquatically notable people who use Atomics, there are quite a few high profile names.
I have also heard from several people that the entire line of regs breathes virtually identical…so it just comes down to preference of material used and amount of expendable $$ for diving gear. Luckily I am in a position to get “extravagant” with my toys…Can’t beat the craftsmanship, ease of breathing and style that the T2X delivers…
I changed out ALL my hoses, even the Ti swivel hose to Myflex but switched the HP to Phantom too….that pencil thin hose was suspect from dive one…

Yeah, there are definitely some highly respected divers on that list, but the fact that AA chooses to go with a magician first followed by a couple of movie stars is what causes me to roll my eyes. :shakehead:

I'm assuming when you switched out your Ti swivel hose for MiFlex you weren't able to put the swivel on the MiFlex, right? I've been tempted to do the same, but by golly I paid good money for that swivel and hate to lose it, lol. On the other hand, I don't really know if the swivel makes any difference since I've never suffered jaw fatigue with or without it. Now that I've switched from a three to a four-hose configuration, I'd really like to go with a lighter, more flexible hose for my second stage.

I guess the only way to know for sure is make the swap and see how it feels. If I don't like it, I'll just switch back. I already have some other hoses hanging out in my spare parts bag, so this would be just one more.

Last edited:
I bought a B1 8 years ago. Three years ago had it upgraded to a B2. It was nice not to have to buy a whole new reg. My son has a Z1 and never felt the need to upgrade to the Z2. We both love the reg's. The B2 was my dream reg and still is.

I have an SSI and it works as well as my primary even at depth.

wish I could change out camera gear as easily and cost effectively as the reg upgrade.

Been using a regulator brand with an excellent reputation, until I noticed that atomics breathes more effortlessly and so I bought an atomic t2x. My wife likewise tried it out and so I also bought another set of t2x for her. So far, we never had any issues with our atomic regulators and in fact noticed that both our air consumption improved after making the switch.

I use an M-1 and a Z-2. My three cave/deep buddies use SP Mk25/250, 550, 600 (if I got those numbers right) I like my AAs but when we have performed OOA drills at depth, we can tell no difference in the two brands. I would throw Dive Rite in there too since two of us use the DR 2500 for a stage. We use them in depths from 25 to 200.

i've got a M1 and a Z2. Love'em. I've tried a few brands but so far Atomic is by far my favorite. The 2 yr service interval is great too. Saves me 50-65 dollars approx every other year. Multiply that times how many you have and its alot of money saved.

Downing,..yeah, hehehe, I tried to get a discount from the shop I bought my T2x's from by asking them to keep the hose...I believe that Ti swivel hose is in the neighborhood of $90. It sits in my spare parts bag....The Miflex are just too comfortable, light and easy to store for travel.
I haven't done any TECH with Atomics.....looking forward to getting back into that type of diving soon. Keep us updated with how they preform.

I had a B-1 that I used for one dive trip and sold it on Ebay as soon as I got home. Nothing wrong with the performance but I disliked the hose routing. I use a long hose on my primary & necklace on my octo/spare, a pressure gauge and my BP hose. Didn't seem to matter how I oriented it, I had hoses in what I felt were awkward positions. Glad I hung on to my Apeks.

YMMV

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom