Attaching fins to BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for that. This one is a lot like what the diver I saw had made omn his own. Not sure on the attachment of this one to the fin strap. Looks like it must be velcro.

ft002_big.gif

diver's direct i know sells one similiar -- the loop for the fins is longer than the one for the mask -- roughly same price and i know several people down here use them since we do so many shore dives
Both the loop for the mask & the fin are buckles --- it works well & love mine.

What some SoCal friends of mine do:

CK-FK001.jpg

The one I use is a variation on the others:
!BeQWT2gCGk~$(KGrHqYOKi4Eq5gv,n)qBK8gN,,uNw~~_12.JPG

I use this one because I don't have to attach anything to my actual fins, it's super easy to work with gloves on, and the clip is brass (vs. the plastic attachment clips on others) and less likely to break. The only place I've been able to find them in this particular style is on ebay.

I have used something similar tied in a loop with a square knot. Although I just use a single double ender, then stow it in my pocket when not in use. Haven't used one in a long time, even while carrying a scooter thru the surf.

I do a lot of shore diving and never thought of attaching my fins to my BC. I have one in each hand, holding on to the ss spring strap, at the right time (depth, and between sets) I make the number 4 one leg a time and go - just a few seconds. not sure what the advantage is to attaching fins to the BC, seem like it just makes it more complicated.

note: if you're a DM/instructor helping students then maybe, but a special circumstance not just regular shore entry

I just put them on my arm, mask as well, jammed up by my elbow they don't come off easily and my hands are free, never had an issue. If the surf is bad, I'll take them off after I crawl up out of the water onto the beach.

Bob
-------------------------
I may be old, but I'm not dead yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom