Attacked by a "Massachusetts Piranha" tonight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On a dive off of Block Island, a diver on a trip I was on for some reason thought it would be funny to stick his tongue out at the cunner that were hanging around. One came in like a missle and actually took out a small chunk of meat. They can be aggressive little pricks.

Henryville:
On a dive off of Block Island, a diver on a trip I was on for some reason thought it would be funny to stick his tongue out at the cunner that were hanging around. One came in like a missle and actually took out a small chunk of meat. They can be aggressive little pricks.

I would not be that brave even before my experience!

My buddy has one picture on his phone camera - I should have it by tomorrow - hopefully it came out OK.

--Matt

And the key to the cure is: "their meat is tasty"

I have heard (never experienced) that triggerfish can be brutal. The last time I was spearfishing I had two following me up that looked down right menacing (as much as they can look menacing). I hope you do not have the same feeling that I had when I saw them tailing me with your cunnerfish!

Joe

ps> good story though

Great story!

I can see the CNN headline, "Panic strikes New England beaches after an unprovoked cunner attack leaves a Massachusetts diver injured. The diver heroically fought off the vicious eight inch attacker and barely escaped with his life."

Yea were is this so called picture?!?!?!

I blame the buddy!!!!! For no picture that is!

John

I just got finished reading about those cusser fish or whatever they are. Just don't get in between them and molusks, becuase that's what they like to eat.

CNN News Flash:

During our cunner interview, it was apparent that these fish now only have one thing on their minds, "Humans taste like chicken!"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom