Attention, Great Lakes Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great lakes Wrecking Crew.... Three thumbs up! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Jeff "Great lakes diver"

Hey,Canuckians live on the GLakes too. I know a few guys that hop the bridge up there at Sault St Marie, not to mention T-Bay, Windsor, etc.
It's a lot easier hijacking a dive boat out of Thunder Bay to do the Isle Royale thing than it is running across from Ashland.

Bob's right, of course - the water tastes the same on the Maple Leaf side of the lake. Well, usually, anway. The Ontario Fresh Water Freaks aside, it doesn't seem necessary to exclude some guy from Thunder Bay just because he has a shorter drive to Rossport than I do.

Steven

Bob3:
Hey,Canuckians live on the GLakes too. I know a few guys that hop the bridge up there at Sault St Marie, not to mention T-Bay, Windsor, etc.
It's a lot easier hijacking a dive boat out of Thunder Bay to do the Isle Royale thing than it is running across from Ashland.

As far as I am concerned, anyone is welcome in our chats. They could be an ocassional diver coming in from California for all that I care. But as one prospective member of the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew (?) said, this will provide a central place to fill charters and answer questions about the cold water wrecks of the Great Lakes.

I just needed (actually NetDoc will need if you don't care to PM me) the phone numbers and names from a couple of more people from the initial geographic area (basically, within the US) that I mentioned. We have plenty of people there.

After that, let's welcome anyone that wants to comment on our activities and questions. I have already been PM'ed by a SB member from Windsor, ONT who has pointed out that that they do much of their diving in Michigan. No problems there at all! I hope to hear more from them. This should be inclusive, NOT exclusive. Let's show off our hospitality!

I just thought that it would be nice for those of us that actually dive up in the white north (as my dive buddy in Florida calls it) to have a "home" on the board.

Also, I have already volunteered to start our website once we get a name.

I've been out of the area attending a funeral and haven't been on the board in nearly a week. Now that the unpleasentness is out of the way, I'm in favor of a Great Lakes specialty area on the board.

I vote for "Great Lakes Gorillas" as you have to be a hairy primate to dive some of the conditions that we call "normal". (check for my post on Higgins Lake where it was 22 degrees on the beach and 44 at 40 ffw, in November)

I'll be happy to go with the other names as well.

Sorry about the lateness of my reply, life sometimes gets in the way of diving...

I just thought that it would be nice for those of us that actually dive up in the white north (as my dive buddy in Florida calls it) to have a "home" on the board.
Slight correction... I believe I call it FROZEN White North. LOL

Good idea Brian, how did you ever come up with the idea of having a club for the frozen drysuit divers?

Club Names
Great Lakes Wrecking Crew is nice, but we have NC Wreck Divers, UK Wreck Ferrets, and Wreck Valley.
How about Lost Divers (as in lost your way to Floriduh, LOL)
Upper Midwest Divers
Wannabe Polar Bears Dive Club

Of course, from what I understand you can always pick a name later, just get your club going, and dive!
(note the icon is the frozen smilie)

Polar Bear Nads-

Cold, close to the bottom, and no one else has that name!

Go Nads! Go Nads! Go Nads!

just a winter thing?

I don't do winter, but would like to be a charter member. If it's a year round kinda thang.

Hey, we could be the Great Lakes Electric Eels ( Glee Club for short ) haha
Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Kat:
Hey, we could be the Great Lakes Electric Eels ( Glee Club for short ) haha
Sorry, I couldn't resist.

ROFLAMO! that is too funny!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom