Attn: Captains for the Oriskany

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A point of correction...sailors served on the Oriskany, not soldiers....:) There may have been the ocasional Marine around however...The MIA flag is for soldiers however.

Mike

Donna,
I can't tell you how proud Capt. Douglas was of his shiny clean balls - he had an extra "spring" to his step all weekend, and bragged about it to everyone he met. I'd be careful with a putty knife or bottom scraper, as I'm sure most captains would rather have their balls hairy and slimy than cut or roughed up. :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

:mooner: Since I'm the one with the putty knife - the captains should all be careful! :11:

A point of correction...sailors served on the Oriskany, not soldiers....:) There may have been the ocasional Marine around however...The MIA flag is for soldiers however.

Mike
As a former sailor, plenty of marines served aboard our ships as sercurity and police. Not to mention all the rides we gave them to battle. In my opinion, the POW/ MIA flag is applicable.

Marines are Navy personnel, yes I believe it is appropriate as well.

Oriskany had more than her fair share of POWs and MIA's - all Navy.

SeaDogGirl, great thread. The innuendo.... Something tells m u are going to command attention with that putty knife in your hand. :) I am so much happier knowing there are some shiny clean balls for a change.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom