attn: polar bears

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beezwax:
"Los Anchorage"..hilarious, I haven't heard that one before, although I have heard it described as "the nearest city to Alaska".

Yes, they say the best thing about living in anchorage is that you are only 15 minutes from Alaska.

We just spent a ton of money coming up with a new slogan for the muni and ended up with "big, wild, life" which sounds like an ad for one of the gentlemen's clubs as one heads up the Glenn to get out of town....

but, breakup is here and the Aces may be headed for the ECHL, and arena football starts this week...

I never quite understood what was wrong with the original slogan Wild about Anchorage. It seems only the committee coming up with the new name liked it. Big Wild Life sounds so cliche and appears to be aimed at big gamer hunters rahter than a diverse group of people. I like my slogan; Visit, Spend, Leave.

Go ACES !

Houston, where the real Alaska begins.

:D

Only an hours drive from Anchorage, if the roads are clear.

I'm actually planning to visit Fairbanks, Alaska next summer, Beezwax, do you fancy meeting up for a beer? Drinks on me. :) :)

I recommend the Silver Gulch beer if one is into microbrewery beer followed by Hot Licks Ice Cream, both are Fairbanks attractions.
If in Anchorage, check out the Glacier Brew House and Mooses Tooth. We had a Hot Licks, but it went under. So much for Anc being the cultural capital of the state...

Thanks for the recommendation. I shall definitely sample some Silver Gulch, (being a connoiseur of beer), followed by the delightfully named Hot Licks. Wow. I can't wait! Can't we just fast forward winter?

So how far is Anchorage from Fairbanks? I have never dived in cold water before - but that could change, never say never, right? :)

I'm actually planning to visit Fairbanks, Alaska next summer, Beezwax, do you fancy meeting up for a beer? Drinks on me. :) :)

Seats for the '08 season are going fast. I've got a VIP in town and don't expect time for much else, but I'm sure we can pencil you in. If things get too busy we may even be able to connect in England...I might have reason to pass through there next year. Are there any fine ales up your way?

I was in greenland Helicopterflying(the Messerschmit Bo105 Lopingabel for the

Militardesined)there where no icebear but i will go down to Sibiren to watsh and

maybe i wil see some snowtiger.

E.L.7*

Seats for the '08 season are going fast. I've got a VIP in town and don't expect time for much else, but I'm sure we can pencil you in. If things get too busy we may even be able to connect in England...I might have reason to pass through there next year. Are there any fine ales up your way?

LOL. A VIP? What are you, a secret agent?
Well, I should be around for a while (on a personal project) so pencil away. I'm available on Mondays, Tuesday, Wednesday's, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, or Sundays. :blinking:

I've already had one offer of a diving experience - so my own diary is rapidly filling up. lol

England. Yeah, that would be a pleasure, I could definitely hook you up with some fine English ales, however I won't be back in UK til towards the end of summer. (I don't want to get caught in AK fall /winter) So if you have any reason to be in England from that point, I'll introduce you to ye olde English pubs. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom