attn: polar bears

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the recommendation. I shall definitely sample some Silver Gulch, (being a connoiseur of beer), followed by the delightfully named Hot Licks. Wow. I can't wait! Can't we just fast forward winter?

So how far is Anchorage from Fairbanks? I have never dived in cold water before - but that could change, never say never, right? :)

Winter started for us in Anchorage today. About 6 inches of snow. Thank goodness for direct flights to Hawaii.

Anchorage is about a 6 hour drive from Fairbanks, through Denali and some pretty spectacular scenery. Its another hour to two hours to the decent dive spots from ANC. Can't really dive in Anchorage in the Cook Inlet, tidal swings and gacial till make the diving (or any water contact) pretty much out of the question. You will love Alaska, the light on the landscape does things up here that I have never seen it do anywhere else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom