Aussie diving - April week 5 (26th - 1st May)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Forgot to mention the ten minute swim with a hammerhead on the dive today :)

I want to see a hammerhead :(

Unfortunately, nothing to report from up here from me again this week. Second weekend of formal dm training which means the skills set and dm conducted programs. For those that have gone through the dm, did your instructor have a laugh and make you do a complete equipment removal AND swap at the bottom? When I say complete I mean everything except wetsuit. Oh, and did they make you do it WHILE BUDDY BREATHING!?!?!?

That was a lot of fun this afternoon :)

Exams for me next week so no diving for me again, not even in the pool.

Haven't been out much the last few of weeks due to wind & waves. Have had to rebook SURG dives for 3 weeks now. Very frustrating as this is the last site in this series of transects. Oh well, maybe this weekend.

Went down to Sydney last weekend to dive some of the mid depth wrecks. The forecast for both day's was very disappointing, but on the day, both Saturday & Sunday mornings were perfect. Dived the Dee Why on Sat. & the Jane on Sun. Had a bottom time of 20 min & a run time of about 50 min on both. Had an interesting encounter with a giant cuttle on the Jane. They're an odd, curious sort of creature.

we came across a huge cuttle at shelley on sunday. i was wondering if it was on its last.. umm, squiddy things as it was just resting under a ledge and not even bothered by us to change colours too much

hubby hasnt looked at his pics yet - gotta remind him

I want to see a hammerhead :(

For those that have gone through the dm, did your instructor have a laugh and make you do a complete equipment removal AND swap at the bottom? When I say complete I mean everything except wetsuit. Oh, and did they make you do it WHILE BUDDY BREATHING!?!?!?

That was a lot of fun this afternoon :)

The equipment exchange is a required exercise if you're going through PADI. It's designed to help candidates work on problem solving in a stressful situation, but it IS a lot of fun. :)

The equipment exchange is a required exercise if you're going through PADI. It's designed to help candidates work on problem solving in a stressful situation, but it IS a lot of fun. :)

Yeah it was a lot of fun :D

I'm just glad its over now. I have my exams this weekend, wish me luck :)

Yeah it was a lot of fun :D

I'm just glad its over now. I have my exams this weekend, wish me luck :)

Hey Mig-Diver

Good luck with the exams!

Glad you made it through equipment exchange.

Yes it was lots of fun for my buddy (an newly qualified instructor but fortunately someone I knew pretty well) when I decided I needed more air and went to the surface in the middle of my first attempt! I did it fine the second time.

finally got some pics from hubby for week 5/Shelley Beach

a placid cuttlefish that was about 1mtr/3ft long
DSC_4243.JPG

and the point of diving shelley, whaler sharks....
DSC_4264.JPG

hubbys gallery is Welcome to the almity1 domain...........

Hey Mig-Diver

Good luck with the exams!

Glad you made it through equipment exchange.

Yes it was lots of fun for my buddy (an newly qualified instructor but fortunately someone I knew pretty well) when I decided I needed more air and went to the surface in the middle of my first attempt! I did it fine the second time.

Thank you. I'll let you know how I go after tomorrow :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom