Aussie Diving, Nov 1st to Nov 6th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:blinking:Nice shots Aardvark but shooting in the raw makes me think of skinny dipping in Canada (in the raw) not a pleasant experience esp when you have to break ice to do it. The other thing it makes me think of is Almitywife "Camera white noise white noise pictures white noise white noise best shots garbble garbble":rofl3:

I'm to blonde for all of that! I can manage my manual setting, regular setting and video. If I am lucky I don't accidentally turn off macro mode and some of my shots will turn out ok:) No cropping, no enhancing I'm a purist. I've been told "Enhancing garbble garbble white noise - easy. You can crop and "white noise garbble blonde contemplating her navel...:rofl3:Any time I have got curious and played with enhancing I figured the original shot was better anyway:rofl3:

Glad some of you understand this stuff and I really appreciate Alcina, Gudge, Aardvark, Almity1 and others who have master this stuff for posting your shots. I do enjoy them but for me.... I will stay in my little reality what I get is what I post:blinking:

:clapping: last night at Froggies Guildford there was a showing of pics from Sheila (BowlofPetunias) and Almity1..... i think it was a nice turnout and you guys showed how nice the place was to dive

guess what- last night i was talking to Shelia and Greg about a '09 Fish Rock dive trip and today one of buddys came over and started talking about the same thing

as greg said last night, SB USA has SB Invade the Keys each year - maybe we need an aussie version

Dive the Rock? Rock the Fish? Invade the Rock?

We were talking about that on the way home too. Maybe we should start a thread and see who is interested in SB Invade The Rock ??????

:blinking:Nice shots Aardvark but shooting in the raw makes me think of skinny dipping in Canada (in the raw) not a pleasant experience esp when you have to break ice to do it. The other thing it makes me think of is Almitywife "Camera white noise white noise pictures white noise white noise best shots garbble garbble":rofl3:

I'm to blonde for all of that! I can manage my manual setting, regular setting and video. If I am lucky I don't accidentally turn off macro mode and some of my shots will turn out ok:) No cropping, no enhancing I'm a purist. I've been told "Enhancing garbble garbble white noise - easy. You can crop and "white noise garbble blonde contemplating her navel...:rofl3:Any time I have got curious and played with enhancing I figured the original shot was better anyway:rofl3:

Glad some of you understand this stuff and I really appreciate Alcina, Gudge, Aardvark, Almity1 and others who have master this stuff for posting your shots. I do enjoy them but for me.... I will stay in my little reality what I get is what I post:blinking:

I don't really understand it either, I'm just starting with the photography also. All I've learned has been from reading lots here, DigiDiver and DiveOz.

All I'm doing at the moment is getting used to having a camera in the water and hoping some turn out. Getting a reasonable exposure isn't too tricky, but I really want to use manual focus as the AF is just too slow (and a half shutter press is awkward).

I might get to escape for a morning dip tomorrow so hopefully there'll be more pics for next week's thread.

Back
Top Bottom