Aussie Diving, Nov 1st to Nov 6th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Went for a dip in Terrigal Haven this afternoon. No diving this weekend so I had to get a sneaky fix today :crafty:

Only the second time I've taken the camera diving so be gentle, please :wink:

Balanced as best I could manage in Camera Raw 4.2, not cropped or otherwise messed with. Lots of muck in the water but that's what it looked like when I was there, about six metres vis and a fair bit of surge.

nice.... i havent dived up at terrigal for YEARS! geez, i think i was single - thats how long ago

so you guys must be super excited about hmas Adelaide - im not much of a wreck wench but even i would like to come watch that be scuttled

Went for a dip in Terrigal Haven this afternoon. No diving this weekend so I had to get a sneaky fix today :crafty:

Only the second time I've taken the camera diving so be gentle, please :wink:

Balanced as best I could manage in Camera Raw 4.2, not cropped or otherwise messed with. Lots of muck in the water but that's what it looked like when I was there, about six metres vis and a fair bit of surge.

Your pictures are great :) How big was that ray you saw? Looks huge from the pictures. I love stingrays!

We're getting the Canberra soon in Melbourne! Can't wait. Though it might be not as soon as I hope, like the Adelaide :)

Your pictures are great :) How big was that ray you saw? Looks huge from the pictures. I love stingrays!

We're getting the Canberra soon in Melbourne! Can't wait. Though it might be not as soon as I hope, like the Adelaide :)

Ooohhh he's pretty big, maybe five feet across. It's amusing seeing the people paddling in the shallows getting into hysterics over the little sand rays when there's a couple of those big boys living in The Haven.

Apparently, if you're slow and steady, they really like being rubbed between the eyes. I'm not about to try it myself, though. :no:

Ooohhh he's pretty big, maybe five feet across. It's amusing seeing the people paddling in the shallows getting into hysterics over the little sand rays when there's a couple of those big boys living in The Haven.

Apparently, if you're slow and steady, they really like being rubbed between the eyes. I'm not about to try it myself, though. :no:

Yes I heard they like to be petted too. When I first got certified, I did a dive with Melbourne Aquarium. The only creatures we were allowed to interact with where the giant rays, we were allowed to rub their bellies as they like that apparently. I think they really love the bubbles as they kept swimming over me! I haven't dared try that in the ocean though in case those rays aren't so tame! When I was up diving in Sydney on the weekend, I saw a numbray and thought it was a stingray that had lost its tail and thought "well I could pat that easily as it has no barb!" I am glad I usually have a hands off rule with critters though as that would have been a nasty experience :rofl3:

There is a giant ray that lives near the end of Portsea Pier a lot. They don't usually last long at the pier as they eat the bait from fisherpeople. If they are caught most fishers don't bother to put them back alive :depressed:

Nothing wrong with those pics Aardvark ... whats with the ray .. it looks to have some sort of covering on it cut away at the front.

Like Almity I haven't dive the Haven for years either ... last time was when the dive club went there cant remember how long ago that was.

Although I do remember the first time ... went to do the skillion as a shore dive ... I looked at the waves rolling in and said NOPE no way am I trying to get in there, my two buddies decided to give it a go, I subsequently sat and watched as they got rolled back up on the rocks trying to get in.

Nothing wrong with those pics Aardvark ... whats with the ray .. it looks to have some sort of covering on it cut away at the front.

Like Almity I haven't dive the Haven for years either ... last time was when the dive club went there cant remember how long ago that was.

Although I do remember the first time ... went to do the skillion as a shore dive ... I looked at the waves rolling in and said NOPE no way am I trying to get in there, my two buddies decided to give it a go, I subsequently sat and watched as they got rolled back up on the rocks trying to get in.

I haven't tried entering from that platform below the skillion, too much like hard work lugging your gear across :coffee: The cave is a nice close boat dive for club days when we do BBQ breakfast and have three or four boat loads to go.

Nothing wrong with the ray as far as I saw, he was moving around a lot and kicking up a fair bit of sand as I took those shots so it's probably just an odd angle.

:clapping: last night at Froggies Guildford there was a showing of pics from Sheila (BowlofPetunias) and Almity1..... i think it was a nice turnout and you guys showed how nice the place was to dive

guess what- last night i was talking to Shelia and Greg about a '09 Fish Rock dive trip and today one of buddys came over and started talking about the same thing

as greg said last night, SB USA has SB Invade the Keys each year - maybe we need an aussie version

Dive the Rock? Rock the Fish? Invade the Rock?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom