Aussie Diving, Nov 1st to Nov 6th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sas have you bought a camera yet.... after seeing you on sat night you def need one because you seem to have the shutter bug big time!

Sas have you bought a camera yet.... after seeing you on sat night you def need one because you seem to have the shutter bug big time!

:rofl3: No not yet. Next pay day I will get one on ebay :) So hmm two weeks or so. Paul and I share his camera 50/50ish on dives so it hasn't been too bad not having one of my own!

Hi Paul ... nice pics ... glad you enjoyed yourself and am more than happy to do it again. Its amazing ... I see a Blue Dragon and think oh .. just another blue dragon ... how blase you become

It is good to get someone who doesnt dive here that often remind you of what great dives we do have even tho we dont have warm clear water.

Thanks again

I took those pictures with a Sony P93 camera, which I borrowed from bowlofpetunias. It was simple to use and as far as pictures go, the latest ones in my gallery (as well as the ones I posted here with a few exceptions that are chilledmammel's) show its quality so you can decide for yourself if that is what you like :). I will be getting my own one soon as you can get them cheaply off ebay. Not sure about the case but again, I am sure it is on ebay.

hubbys first camera was a olympus 5050 or 5060 (i cant remember) in an olympus housing and then he got a oly 8080 (i think) in a ikelite housing plus ike strobes - both served him well for a long time

he now has a nikon dslr in a ikelite housing and ike strobes

the problem with bigger camera with bigger strobes is the logistics of getting it on a boat, packing and transporting for trips - it can be a pita

i like the little point and shoot cameras - as shown by Shelia, Sas/Paul in this thread, you can get nice pics with a point and shoot. you do loose a bit because of lighting without a strobe but you can always utilize a torch or a buddys torch if you need it once you get use to how your camera works

oh, i also think that those with the bigger & more expensive camera rigs (ie alcina & gudge) have more pressure on them to come up with the better pics all the time! :D

Oh yes, my buddy has a point and shoot camera too. A Panasonic TZ15, which has been really great to use. TOne complaint he has is that it does not have manual appeture settings. It would be a bit more expensive than the Sony.

Yes I think the manual setting on my P93 is just great for Macro
Greg has been watching ebay but only saw a couple from the states. It will just be a matter of patience I am sure they will turn up.

I like the quality of shots, flexibility of the camera, simplicity of use and compactness of the camera. I never dive without one now.

I'd vote for the Canon A series. There are some great deals on models like the A570 ... about $130 US for the camera. I have two of them with underwater housings (Canon). Slick, easy, good quality images, room to grow if you ever want to ... still my favs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom