Aussie Diving September

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bowlofpetunias

Oh no, not again!
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
:DWho is diving and where's it happening? Sas must be getting webbed feet, Tassie Rohan is looking for colder seas:shakehead: Almitywife has created a new fad with the P-club :rofl3: What is everyone else up to?:blinking:

i think frogdive has their yearly treasure hunt in september :yeahbaby:

and i think this year the are keeping it for frogdive club members only - more for us shelia!!!

wonder if there is a mike ball trip this year?

A treasure hunt would be so much fun. I wonder if any clubs do one down here... will have to ask around!

For this month, I have planned Foggy Reef for Saturday and also a shore dive. We want to do a bit more diverse shore diving so want to check out Flinders Pier, Mornington Pier + Rickett's Point Marine park and I have heard that some charters are doing night dives to Portsea Hole so REALLY want to do a boat dive at night! For boat dives we are going to aim for the Coogee wreck and I want to do Portsea Hole again (in the daytime before the night dive) as I did it for my first OW boat dive in February and never since - was scared the whole time then so I don't remember it at all! :rofl3:

But really hanging out for October as I will have Rescue, and then hopefully another trip to Sydney! Gotta figure out dates soon for my plane ticket~

ive seen people go ferral for potaotes at the treasure hunt. you come out with a pototo and get a raffle ticket for the prizes

last year someone tried to take a divers potato off him (yes a he not me!) and the guy retailated by ripping the thief's mask off and throwing it to the sand :shocked:

a sydney dive idea - the Currajong. its a interesting dive/wreck becuase it has to be done at midnight as its in the middle of a shipping lane, Michael McFadyen's Scuba Diving Web Site. scubaroos dives its regularly

:coffee:One of the JB Rockers has done it a couple times with Sydney Dive Academy. They asked me but I just couldn't face the hour... meet at midnight gear up boat out etc. Denis liked it so much he did it twice and I think would do it again but Denis is about as keen as Sas. Maybe when I am not working full time I will give it a go...
Sas our group's average dive time at Bare Island is 80 to 90 minutes. Lots to see but not terribly deep so you get a decent bottom time. We do it often enough we know where the interesting critters live:blinking: heck we are on first name basis with some of them. :rofl3: The ones that are currently using white canes from the camera flashes are ironicly easerier to get shots of... don't see us comming anymore:eyebrow:

i think frogdive has their yearly treasure hunt in september :yeahbaby:

and i think this year the are keeping it for frogdive club members only - more for us shelia!!!

wonder if there is a mike ball trip this year?

Last time I talked to Luke he was talking about charging non Froggies more...

I wonder if we could trade a mike ball for LEI:D
Where are they doing the treasure hunt?

Last time I talked to Luke he was talking about charging non Froggies more...

I wonder if we could trade a mike ball for LEI:D
Where are they doing the treasure hunt?
arhhhhhhhhh (re more $ for non members)

i would happily exchange mike ball for LEI

treasure hunt is at balmoral.... this was last years start

:blinking:Yep I was there... Marg was my buddy and that is me beside her:shakehead:That wasn't fair pushing her over but they got her worse coming out:Dwe'll get even sooner or later!

ive seen people go ferral for potaotes at the treasure hunt. you come out with a pototo and get a raffle ticket for the prizes

last year someone tried to take a divers potato off him (yes a he not me!) and the guy retailated by ripping the thief's mask off and throwing it to the sand :shocked:

a sydney dive idea - the Currajong. its a interesting dive/wreck becuase it has to be done at midnight as its in the middle of a shipping lane, Michael McFadyen's Scuba Diving Web Site. scubaroos dives its regularly

:rofl3: I would go feral for potatoes, they are one of my favourite foods! Perhaps they might not be edible after spending some time on the bottom of the sea though...

Wow the Currajong sounds cool! It is 24-26m ish I saw on a site so in my diving range :) Don't mind about the time either :D I could dive Fri night after my flight and then again on Saturday at Bare Island! We usually aim for 60-70mins on our shore dives, but if I had a 12L tank I could manage 80-90 easy :) Gotta see if my buddy can come up to Sydney as well. Probably 24-26th of Oct or 31st-1st Nov are the likely dates for my trip. But will know for sure on the weekend.

...... Probably 24-26th of Oct or 31st-1st Nov are the likely dates for my trip. But will know for sure on the weekend.
hehehehehe. send Yves/scubaroo a email about the Currajong as i dont think his boat schedule goes that far in advance yet

Back
Top Bottom