Australian missing off of Victoria

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a friend who has the same name as the missing female diver and the story is indeed haunting.

They still have not located the body. But its so strange to me that her BCD, Mask etc.. were all found closely together. But her fins, wetsuit and body have not been found yet.

The police still classify her as missing. Karen LEE

If your buddy appeared to he having buoyancy issues why would you not remain in touch contact with them? Even if it meant grabbing onto them and hanging on.

Oh wait, they don't teach how to assist a buddy to the surface who is having that problem in most OW classes. You need to take adventure/advanced diver training and then rescue to get those basic skills. Until then I guess you just surface and try to find a DM or Rescue Diver.

Once again basic proper buddy skills/ rescue training in the OPEN WATER class may have prevented this. But that cuts into the bottom line when you are trying to put as many people in the water as fast as possible.

And even if her buddy was also "relatively experienced" it does not mean he was aware of how simple a task it is to assist a diver with this problem if he was not taught it in his OPEN WATER class.

Another possible death chalked up to the decision to remove those skills to save time and generate cash.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom