Azoth Systems O'Dive Computer Odyssey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Website says: Delivery scheduled from July 2022. Is this a pre-delivery testing version? If so, we look forward to your review.

I was under the impression that it's been out for a while in Europe, but there were some bureaucratic hoops to jump through before officially distributing in the US. FCC or FDA or something like that. Maybe I'm remembering that wrong, though.

Power to them, I like the approach to figuring out decompression. I was a test subject for US/Canadian Navy study on decompression about 10 years ago. We were the "deep" subjects; they basically paid for us to Tech dive, took tons of blood draws, had us wear portable EKGs and we used a portable Doppler machine to look for bubbles in the blood. It was awesome.

One thing I recall the scientists saying is that presence of "microbubbles" in your blood as you were off-gassing doesn't guarantee or predict getting bent. We had a bunch of us bubbling like crazy after deep dives but no symptoms. Then again, the one person that did get bent during one of the dives looked like he had champagne in his blood stream, bubbles throughout his cardiovascular system on the doppler machine.

Seems like "O'Dive" is trying to tailor it based on the microbubble frequency measured with one of their devices and then you can use their dive computer to tailor your decompression plan settings to match that.

I'm curious to see the results. Just like when VPM was the new fad, we need way more testing and data to say this is better than Bulhman and gradient factors. I'll stick with my Shearwater for now....

I was under the impression that it's been out for a while in Europe, but there were some bureaucratic hoops to jump through before officially distributing in the US. FCC or FDA or something like that. Maybe I'm remembering that wrong, though.

Its a personal doppler, and it analyzes quality of your decompression. They are actually very cool units. The first model and phone app a couple years ago were not the best and not very user friendly but the newest model and phone app are very good, however the app still seems a little fussy about androids (on my Iphone is flawless)

Also I spoke with Didier from O'dive not that long ago and they finally got there FCC approval so they can sell it in the US so I think it should already be available in the US by now. However I don't know how much advertising the do in the US or who even sells them. They are more popular in the EU and Asia.

I have used it some and my friends have used it a lot. It is a very handy devise for tech divers doing long decompression dives. They are actually sending me a new unit right now from France.

The new computer is just another computer but is meant to link up with the doppler and provide dive profile details with the doppler analysis. But you can also do the same with a Shearwater, it links up with Shearwater computer, sorry don't know about others as I only have shearwater platforms as do all my friends. Honestly its really just another computer, its Azoth way of trying to brake into the computer market.

O'Dive - The first connected sensor for personalised dives

Nice presentation my friend Christian put together couple years ago

Have been using this for a couple trips now, have 15 analyzed dives, seems to be some significant bugs with it but hoping they get sorted out because it could be a valuable tool.

Have been using this for a couple trips now, have 15 analyzed dives, seems to be some significant bugs with it but hoping they get sorted out because it could be a valuable tool.

I have limited experience with the unit as well but I have had pretty good luck it no issues. I know the first models when the came out a couple years ago were had some bugs. Mostly to do with connection issues to your phone and also linking your Shearwater data. But now the new one I have noticed automatically downloads you Shearwater data and on the iPhone I have never had a connection issues. I do know that my friend she has the new model as well but is using android and occasionally she still has connection issues. And this seem to be a common problem from others I have talked to. But like I said I am using iPhone so I have never had an issue.

Personally I think the thing is great and a very cool tool

With the computer? Or the sensor and app? Didn't find much about potential bugs when doing a search.

With the computer? Or the sensor and app? Didn't find much about potential bugs when doing a search.
The sensor and the app, limited sample size of about 50 dives but some problematic patterns. Sent the unit back a month ago with no word. Getting a refund at this point. I think the potential is there but it is not there yet and not looking to be an Alpha tester on it, especially after being able to adjust my bubble score by tricking the app into thinking I dove a different bottom gas after noticing some inconsistencies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom