Azoth Systems O'Dive Computer Odyssey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi there,
I have one, use it and like it a lot.
iPhone app works well, not had any problems with it. There were some initial bugs with upgrading the sensor but I don’t need to do that at the moment so not bothered (I have the CCR version).
The actual “sampling” so to speak is easy enough with a few practice runs. The app will also tell you if it’s a good reading or not on your clavicle area.
Since using the product I have decided to extend my last deco stop, always use helium mixes and consider increasing my ppo2 on deco to 1.4 from the current habit of 1.3. This has really helped my post dive results.
I do like that you can change the parameters of a dive to a certain extent in order to see what the results could have been had you increased your ppo2 for example or had a different dilluent mix.
I bought mine through Paragon diving. Lovely service, really helpful and friendly people.
I have ordered an odyssey so that I can easily link the unit in with the dive profile. You could probably do this with a sheerwater I hear but I’ve always used Suunto and they don’t link in well at all so odyssey seemed logical.
As I see it, they produce the units, sell them and that funds the research that they seem to be doing. Their Doppler results matched with our dive profiles should then really help to advance science and algorithm modification.
I see myself as a test subject, that’s all, much like if DAN came around to scan me after every dive.
Hope this helps.

The Azoth system team is actually working with the French Navy(Marine Nationale) to build the next diving computer for the french army.
Using the Doppler sensor and building a new computer called Orcom, based on the O'Dive Odyssey, it will only be available for the military for now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom