Back inflate purchasing help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fish_bowl once bubbled...
Hello Again,

Thank you for all of the advice. I will check out the shop near Toronto. I'm not really sure how to buy a BC with a plate and wings. I just thought they came all together then I foud some that sell things seperately. I think that buying from my local dive shop is probably best but I think I will research some of the names and see what kind of deal my dive guy can give me. They are usually pretty good.
Fish

Well, I just my Halcyon SS BP/Wings and finished my DIR/F course this weekend. If you're looking at back inflation at all you seriously should consider this. Lots of places to look online, the cost is quite reasonable (and there's always ebay) and ... the bottom line is, they're GRRRRREAT!

~<//><

I think this guy's budget won't cover a Halcyon setup. He could save a few bucks with someone else's BP, but the Pioneer wing itself at FTP is still going to cost more than a lot of complete BC's at actual sales price.

Can be purcahsed through Leisurepro, for about half the price you mentioned.

There are some very nice deals on other stuff. Try looking at their site.

My only warning to you is that you should only buy something you already tried on for size and comfort. Otherwise you might be sorry for buying online.

Ari :)

A BC is an essential piece of equipment that you should choose carefully. You should take the time to try every type out and buy what you like best. If you can afford what you like, wait. Keep renting.

Even a cheap BC is still an expensive gear. Don't settle for less.

I bought a Zeagle Scout a couple of years ago because I wanted to try a back inflate BC and it was cheap. The difference between back inflation and the jacket style BC is amazing. I still use it because it suits my needs just fine and packs very compact - the tank bands are the biggest bulk. (note: I replaced the original upper strap with a 2nd tank band)

I'm not sure it will suit your needs since you're in Canada. It only has 35lbs. of lift. The coldest water I dive is a local quarry that's about 55 degrees F. I wear a 7/5 goldcore when diving there with 12lbs of weight.

BTW mine has four integrated weight pockets - 2 trim in back & 2 up front with velcro pull-out pouches.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom