Backplate weight update-the ultimate setup!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry for bringing up a semi old thread, but Cody, can you post pictures of how it's set up on your rig? It sounds interesting. Pretty please? :D

-Francis

Ah, I thought they went alongside the cylinder. I guess they won't work for me, because they'd get in the way of the can light.

Roak

I use xs pockets on my tank straps as well. usually keep 10lbs in those and put abou 6-8 in these side pockets...

I wear 4lbs with a 7mm wetsuit and zip-tie 2 lb hard-weights to the spaces between the wing and backplate next to each shoulder(use holes and webbing slot with 2 ties to secure it and trim the excess. make sure it is secure and hidden It keeps my shoulders down and my body horizontal.

I just got a really heavy faber 100 and was down to only 3lbs of ditchable weight last weekend. I am not entirly sure if I am comfortable with that though. sort of defeats the purpose of the pockets though. I will leave them though in case i switch tanks to something lighter.

-C

I took some 2"tubular webbing the right length to go between some holes drilled in my bp, filled them with led shot (got 2# in each one), sewed up the ends and burnt holes in them. They mount in the upper third of the bp with ss bolts near the edge between the plate and wing. With a 7mm farmer ws I only need about 6# more which I wear on my waist. Should mention that I have a DIY STA made from a peice of 3" alumimium channel. It's about 2-3 lbs and my bp is ss. I love the set-up. If I dive with less neoprene I can just adjust my waist weight. Don't have any experience with diving anything other than single al 80's so might need some drastic changes if I change tanks, but then again, my next investment is a dry suit so I will likely be back to the drawing board then anyway.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom