Bad Experience Divers Unlimited Norfolk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

March 2013 my wife bought me a dive computer from a dive store. A real brick and mortar dive store with real stock but one that allowed the ability to order on-line. They were an authorized oceanic dealer. Something was wrong so I took it to my LDS, also and authorized oceanic dealer. The wife of the owner did all the service paperwork and told me they'd when it was done. Two days later I got a call from her husband asking if I bought it online. I said it was bought from an authorized dealer. He repeated the question and I answered yes. He then asked me to come and pick it up as he wouldn't deal with it. BTW, I had already purchased numerous pieces from them prior. I shipped it direct to oceanic and had a new one back in two weeks. They were great.

Also, I am real sympathetic to LDS' that refuse service or charge service to someone who used the store for fitting, tryouts etc, then went and bought online. IMO that is abuse of the LDS. I rented for over a year to figure out what I wanted. . But aside from that, internet is the new economy and stores must adapt.

First off, how did they know it was purchased online? I suppose you presented a recit to that effect.

Knowing it was purchased online and that JD was a Mares approved seller, why didn't you send it to them.

I would not expect a brick and mortar diveshop to happily service my equipment and spend time calling Mares if I purchased it online. Its just a norm in the industry we have to accept; and yes I know it should not always be this way but it is. Internet dealers have very little overhead and seem to be immune from the price fixing the dealers force on the dive shops. Its a shame the industry is as such.

Solution:

Just send to to were you purchased it and spend a little extra (5-10 dollars) for shipping.
How is this any different than buying it out of state, moving and than having it serviced at your new LDS? You do this with a car when you move or do you have to drive back to the original dealer?

Back
Top Bottom