Baggage charge once per trip, or per airline?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't answer your baggage question-but I can suggest an alternate route. Insel flies from Charlotte, NC to Curacao and on to Bonaire. We have taken this flight many times and are booked for it next January. It leaves Charlotte about 2:30 on Sat, arrives in Curacao-you have a 45 minute layover and then on to Bonaire about 9:30 pm on Sat. The return flight leaves about 7 on sat and arrives in Charlotte around 2:30. We usually pay about $600 each for the round trip.

So, if you can get from Nashville to Charlotte by 1, it should work. Don't know the connection or cost, but know that Charlotte is a hub for US Air/American.

It's always a hassle getting to Bonaire-that's why it's not crowded.

Vann Evans
A4 Sand Dollar
Kralendijk Vacation Rental - VRBO 277614 - 0 BR Bonaire Condo, Ocean-Front, Bari Reef Studio (A4) with Gorgeous View

Curious I checked and the normally 500 to 600 dollar Insel flight is 900 that week. So checked the nonstop to Bonaire from Atlanta and it's over 1000 dollars! I typically would not plan a trip around Memorial week anyway but now I am certain never to plan travel that week!

Richard, looks like a 12 hour drive to Jupiter/WPB from Nashville. Now may be the time to make that trip happen!

The baggage answer is simple. Every time you have to check your bags is an opportunity for the airline to charge you baggage fees.

So it all depends upon how you purchase your ticket(s). Multiple tickets will entail multiple baggage fees. Single ticket with bags checked through to final destination is 1 set of baggage fees.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom