Balanced diaphragm with manometer OR unbalanced piston with manometer and depthmeter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I see, guess I'll have to save some more time in order to get something I will never outgrow in diving :)

Is the DST still top-notch about streamlining, considering that is doesn't have a rotating turret?
As finicky as I could be, I can do nothing but befriend that school of thought about rotating turret being a weak point more to have rather than an added feature.

Thanks for the links tbone however that stuff while cheap looks well used and I surely can't service them myself as of now, so I guess I'll wait and get something new if I manage to save more.

Found a 1st stage DST + 2nd XTX50 + octopus XTX40 for about 370 EUR, that's still some way to go considering I'd have to also get a pressure gauge and a few hoses separately :)

Are there any texts you'd recommend to study upon gear and setup matters? I began reading "GUE Getting Clear on the Basics - The Fundamentals of Technical Diving" and it seems very well made. Is there anything else you'd suggest?

Thanks again :)

DST stands for "Dry Seal Turret" so it does have a turret. The US4, DS4, FST, and FSR do not have turrets.

The 5 port turrets in my opinion are the best first stage design. They started with the pistons led by Scubapro with the MK25, and Atomic with whatever model numbers they're at, then Apeks with their DST design was 4 port with the 5th added relatively recently and then the ODS copies for Dive Rite/Hog/Hollis etc. It's your choice on which one you pick.

The turret is anything but a gimmick for certain applications, sidemount and long hose donation etc, but it is only 1 extra O-ring and it is not prone to failure if maintained properly.

I see, thanks again. :)

Are there any texts you'd recommend to study upon gear and setup matters?
I began reading "GUE Getting Clear on the Basics - The Fundamentals of Technical Diving" and it seems very well made.

unfortunately that text while very good is also very old. Best to find a local mentor or ask for questions on here, despite the constant bickering, most of us actually know what we're doing

Back
Top Bottom