Bangsticks, guns, other?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, all of those hose-cutters must have gone SOMEWHERE after SeaHunt, right?

Thank you guys, I figured I would let my ignorace show through here.
Thank you agian.

I have a 357 mag powerhead for emergencys

Oh and use spell check. It would make your questions a bit more believeable

"Emergencies" and "believable" are the correct spellings, in case your spell check isn't working.

vladimir:
"Emergencies" and "believable" are the correct spellings, in case your spell check isn't working.
Thanks for pointing that out sparky..........

No offense to anyone here,but go to spearboard.com and you'll find quite a few varieties of experience with PHs.As far as guns Glock sells a kit for thier guns but as said before who needs one?PHs can be used down to fish 5# or so with light loads and are used in the Med to take bluefin tuna with bigger rounds.As far as legality it varies state to state.Here in Fla it's not legal in state waters but you may transfort the fish killed in fed waters home as long as you don't stop in state waters.As far as the ethics question that's an individual call that others often will try to make for you.
I used them for years as I was lazy and they do make spearfishing easier.Now in my twilite years:wink:I use a line gun oir freeshaft depending on vis and fish targeted as it's more fun kinda like using a blackpowder gun instead of a Weatherby .300 on 150# deer.But I personally have no issues with anyone doing either as long as they are ethical and floow all applicable laws.You sound like a good kid,don't get run off if some folks seem a little OCD.This is good place to hang and get info.

coyotekiller:
The way I see it, you don't go hiking around the woods with out some kind of protection.

I hike with my brain and a first aid kit. If I'm really worried I may bring my cell (off, of course).

-Justin

DarkFrog:
I hike with my brain and a first aid kit. If I'm really worried I may bring my cell (off, of course).

-Justin

Eh, wrong answer. In Colorado, there are way too many places you won't get signal for your cell phone. Many tourists have run themselves into trouble thinking a cell phone is their safety net. Here, a map and a compass (and the know-how to use them) are wiser choices. Packing protection is also wise if you are going into the back country. There are too many two and four-legged animals running around the woods and mountains here these days.

I've never felt threatened underwater, though. I have felt more uncomfortable on the surface interval than I have actually diving. I don't see any reason to carry any sort of weapon unless you are hunting for fish.

Someday, if you do see a shark, it'll be an experience to savor I think. Certainly not something to be afraid of, just respectful. Treat it like a bear sighting in Rocky Mountain National Park, and enjoy it from a safe distance.

Back
Top Bottom