Basic Pee Valve question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yea when I don't use my (balanced) valve I just leave it in the suit unconnected, only once had a leak and that was the very first time I used it (unconnected, to test it out) - I figured out that I did not screw in the valve tight enough and ended up with the ocean in my suit :blush:

Though there are not many dives when I don't have it connected these days! When I first got it, I figured I wouldn't use it if only doing one dive a day but hasn't worked out that way!

Greetings Street Doc pee valves rock! Hello Sas, I second your experience with the Dive Rite balanced. I did not want to over tighten mine and thus suffered a very wet cold encounter. Mine was fresh water at least. The learning curve was fast, I now remove my valve to clean and put a very light silicone coating on my rubber gasket washers. No leaks very nice, did have one incident un-connecting my cath and line!
I learned being in a hurry is not a good thing! A sealed quick disconnect is the way to go! But sink the stink works inside a Dry suit as well. Over all I am very pleased with the valve it functions well and my deep extended range diving has become so very comfortable! Definitely a must for dry suit diving in cold water or cave country.
We have encountered a out of water issue for pee valve use, DON'T PEE BY THE DRESSING TABLES! It has a profound effect when things are dropped! Have fun I would be lying if I said it doesn't take a little more time and forethought to gear up but we have had many laughs in our trials. Two of my buddies suffered cath. blow offs it was a little funny till you have to ride home in the truck! Just train with it, ease into it and you will be fine.
Good luck and get ready to never have to hold it again.......well almost never!
CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom