Bay Island Beach Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MISFIT DIVER

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Does anyone know if AKR is next to BIBR? I have been tring to find a map of the resorts to show there relation to each other but have not been able to. Just wondering if anyone has a link or two or any info exacally were BIBR is at on Roatan. Going next month and would just like to know more specifically were I will be. Thanks

MISFIT DIVER once bubbled...
Does anyone know if AKR is next to BIBR? I have been tring to find a map of the resorts to show there relation to each other but have not been able to. Just wondering if anyone has a link or two or any info exacally were BIBR is at on Roatan. Going next month and would just like to know more specifically were I will be. Thanks
Its a little to the East of AKR. (~ 1 mile, maybe a bit more)
(You will pass the AKR every time you go out to dive)
Roatn Map

Thanks G. have you stayed at either one of these places? We are staying at BIBR and like anything else, every one has there own thoughts about it. I can't say that I have heard any glowing reviews. Any in sight?

MISFIT DIVER once bubbled...
Thanks G. have you stayed at either one of these places? We are staying at BIBR and like anything else, every one has there own thoughts about it. I can't say that I have heard any glowing reviews. Any in sight?
I stayed at the BIBR and I would give it a glowing review.

Jeff

Stayed at the BIBR- when packing to leave there was a very large tarantula in my dirty clothes- be careful!!

Also, no matter what they say-do not drink the water, tea, soup- anything water based. All 4 in our party came home with terrible intestinal problems.

RennieRae once bubbled...
Also, no matter what they say-do not drink the water, tea, soup- anything water based. All 4 in our party came home with terrible intestinal problems.

Hmmmmm, None of us (8 people) had any problems.

It's been 4 years since I did BIBR. We walked along the 'beach to AKR for the dolphin snorkle so I'm thinking less than a mile. My only regret was not doing the shore dive in Spooky Channel a couple more times. 3 boat dives a day cuts into shore diving time.

awap once bubbled...
It's been 4 years since I did BIBR. We walked along the 'beach to AKR for the dolphin snorkle so I'm thinking less than a mile. My only regret was not doing the shore dive in Spooky Channel a couple more times. 3 boat dives a day cuts into shore diving time.
I plead insanity or old age.....maybe even Beer :wink:

I'm going to BIBR Sunday. I'll give you a current report card! I'm glad to hear that we are near AKR. Gotta love the dolphins. I'm pumped and excited.

Talk to you guys in a week and a 1/2.

JeffG once bubbled...

I plead insanity or old age.....maybe even Beer :wink:

So maybe it was more. In my case, the biggest difference is the beer. And I'll drink to that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom