bay islands beach resort vs. cocoview???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is just a world of difference between BIBR and CCV. BIBR has personal service and you'll probably have 6 or so divers on a boat. CCV often puts 16 or more on the boats. It's all in what you want.

Almost all smaller diver resorts have meals at a set time. The diving is done around those meal times. Not a big deal. If the boat is late in the afternoon BIBR definately holds dinner till everyone is back. Don't worry about that at all.

The meals at BIBR are great. I never went hungry and loved every meal. Again, there is a huge difference in the number of people being fed between the 2 resorts. If you like living on a little compound with 50 to 100 other divers, pick CCV. If you like living a small resort with 10 or so rooms, pick BIBR. BIBR has a nice little beach bar and the bartender stayed there every night until all guest had left.

I've been to at least 40 resorts around the world and have never been given a free coke so I hardly see why that's an issue.

The diving is different at each resort as they are on different sides of the island but both are very good. I personally don't thnk much of "spooky channel" but some people like it and it's very close.

Being near Anothony's is nice as they have some nice extra activities such as the dolphin dives. They also have a nice bar and restaurant up on the hill. I wouldn't stay there myself but it's fun to visit.

Have fun with either choice.

There is just a world of difference between BIBR and CCV. BIBR has personal service and you'll probably have 6 or so divers on a boat. CCV often puts 16 or more on the boats.

BIBR boats are small. See the website http://www.bibr.com/dive_boats.htm
Six people is what you want to put on them.

CCV dive boats are huge. They may indeed load up with an assigned maximum of 16 (for a dive club to be together), but they are designed for 32 divers max and 40 tanks.. With so many people shore diving, they usually run at 12.

The room count provided above was also a bit off.

BIBR may have 10 rooms, that would mean 20 divers total. From their website, "BIBR runs four dive boats with no more than 8~12 divers total".

CCV has 25 rooms. That would be about 50 divers at CCV. 50 divers divided by 4 boats is 13 on each.

At neither will you be crowded, but the boats are dramatically different, as is the dive op's infrastructure.

NCChuck has the rest of his post dead on correct, from my view.

I do agree, BIBR's Spooky Channel is far offshore and no big deal. The shore dive at CCV with the shipwreck and DC3 are a favorite dive for many at CCV, hence the lack of divers on the boats. Everybody is out doing the shore dive. There are other huge differences.

Last edited:
i have stayed at bibr twice and enjoyed it both time. we will probably go back in april. we have a 10 year old and they provide a kids program which he really enjoyed. as stated, the west end is a short cab ride away and allot of fun for a night out on the town.

It appears that Fantasy Island is currently offering sodas beer and wine as complimentary with their all-inlcusive package. (previously offered at an extra charge).

Back
Top Bottom