BC for a tiny woman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WarmWaterDiver:
My petite wife also loves her Dive Rite TransPac II, in XS size.
QUOTE]
I'm pretty small myself, 5'3 and 110 lbs. and the Dive Rite TransPac fit me very well. I've tried using the XS harness with a travel air cell and I find the fit is really good, the lift is just right and the BC itself is pretty light.

You could get your daughter to try on the Transpac and see if it fits alright.

Thanks all for the great replies. Will see if we can't let her try a couple different ones and see what she likes...again thank you for all the great advise...:)

You might also try the Scubapro Lady Hawk. My 10 year old daughter uses one, and of all the BC's we tried, that one was the best fit.

take a look at the oceanic isla and maybe even the scuba pro mira

Thanks Rescue Teen and Aquanaut4ata for the other options....:59:...I'm sure one of the ones listed will be fine...its up to my little one now...:)

Toolbox-13:
Hello all,
I have a question I am getting my daughter her OW cert next month and want some help in choosing a BC for her. she is very tiny 5' 0" and a size 1, any other tiny women out there that can recomend a BC for her. I dive a Genesis Recon and I love it but that is way too much for a little one. Looking for something compact and light she will probally be diving a 40cf tank. Thanks for any help anyone can give...:)

Hi Toolbox,

I'm 5'1" and I'm looking at a Sherwood Luna. I tried it on and what I liked is that the backplate is small, so there's no plastic to bump against the nape of my neck. As well, it has two tank straps, so I can attach the tanks quite low and avoid having the the reg valve bump into the back of my head. It was XS and it fit snuggly - quite comfortable. Hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom