BC HOSE RIPS OFF---No Positive Buoyancy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello, I am a new diver in training so please don't flame me :D

I'm just curious, what are the laws of lobster fishing? I'm just wondering, if it's legal to catch them with one method (traps I guess?) what would make it bad to catch them while scuba diving? I assume either way a license would be required?

Serves you right, poacher.

You will have to check with your local laws (try fish and wildlife commission, or whatever it's called in your state).

Some areas, such as the Bahamas (where the original poster was at) do not allow hunting lobster while on scuba, while in others (Florida, for instance) it's ok. License is probably also required, and information regarding the license should be with your local ordinaces.

As for flaming, I think the posters now are just posturing, as the original poster has not been on the board for some time. This thread should be closed.

SNorman:
Hello, I am a new diver in training so please don't flame me :D

I'm just curious, what are the laws of lobster fishing? I'm just wondering, if it's legal to catch them with one method (traps I guess?) what would make it bad to catch them while scuba diving? I assume either way a license would be required?

The only way I'm ok with that is if we up the chest beating!

I'll start.

Dear FSUJohn:

SHUT YOUR FESTERING GOB YOU GIT. YOUR TYPE MAKES ME SICK, YOU VACUOUS, SPOTTY-NOSED, MALODOROUS PERVERT! MAY YOUR SHORTY (AND I THINK WE BOTH KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT) GET FILLED WITH MANTIS SHRIMPS ON YOUR NEXT DIVE. I'M 1000% MORE ECO-SENSITIVE THAN YOU, AND 6' 2" BESIDES.

**NOTE: For the humor challenged, this is a sarcastic joke.

BIGG_BUDD:
Don't close it yet! I re-visit this thread on occasion, just to get a laugh....

usually there is always a little of air in you BCD that can expand and help you to reach surface.

I usually am trimmed out to be able to surface whyle " swymming to the surface "
I could do it whithout a BCD and did it from 40 m as part of my 4 star training.

In the dive fedration i am in we also learn to rescue a diver to the surface whitout using a BCD. And we do the same while performing a controled ascend on the BCD

Of course it is a kind of " sporty thing"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom