Bc Opinions For Oregon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove an older Black Diamond QD a few times. They may have changed them, but the weight pockets on it were a pain. They were sections and only smaller soft weights or bullets would fit. I also did not like the design or loaction of the trim weight pockets (I dropped a 2 lb trim weight once). I currently dive a Sherwood Outback and quite like it. There's quite a bit of adjustmant available for the waist and shoulders. (A Genesis Recon is the exactly the same BC) It is a bit bulky to pack.

I use a black diamond and love it. Lots of adjustments and tons of lift.

I suggest a BP/wing setup as well; specifically a setup by Halcyon. I would not get any type of integrated weight system. The BP/wing will help you get rid of a lot of weight, so you should be able to use a normal weight belt without it being uncomfortable.

I just bought a Black Diamond last summer and loved it. I dive with a steel 120 and bearly feel the weight of the tank on my back, it is very comforable. I just decided to switch to doubles so I am going to start using a BP/Wing setup from Dive Rite (transplate to be exact). If you see yourself diving doubles in the future dont make the same mistake i made and just go right to a BP/Wing. Seaquest says you can use the Black Diamond w/ doubles and the 50 lbs lift it has should be fine for doubles (maybe not depending on how much accessories and size tanks you dive) but the further you put the tanks away from your back the more uncomforable it is. Hope this helps and good luck.

Gerard

Back
Top Bottom