BC Repair - Inflator hose attachment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is the repair kit.

1700158553521.png

I've never used that kit but I have done repairs on BC's before. I've installed new fittings and even made a new air bladder. The trick to making it stick forever, is to do ALL of the prep work. Use fine sandpaper to sand the area that's being glued on both the new part and the bladder. Clean it with alcohol and then give it sufficient time to dry before applying glue. Warmer is better. Use a hair dryer to warm the area before and after gluing. Use lead weights to hold it all snug while it's curing. If in doubt, pull it loose before the glue cures and start over. Have fun.

Does that kit cost $80.00 ??
Approximately $80.00. I've decided that since it is not for my use and I can't determine who might use it, that for liability purposes, it's best to not repair it. I will make sure that it is not used.

I've never used that kit but I have done repairs on BC's before. I've installed new fittings and even made a new air bladder. The trick to making it stick forever, is to do ALL of the prep work. Use fine sandpaper to sand the area that's being glued on both the new part and the bladder. Clean it with alcohol and then give it sufficient time to dry before applying glue. Warmer is better. Use a hair dryer to warm the area before and after gluing. Use lead weights to hold it all snug while it's curing. If in doubt, pull it loose before the glue cures and start over. Have fun.
Hello , where did you source affordable repair kits ? These $80 USD parts are rather expensive compared to the cost of a new BCD and needing three of them !! This is a new five dive jacket and was stored well but has perished in the small flange fitting , threaded part is fine as is the whole piece on all three valves . I’m thinking of bonding them to a manufactured nylon flange made from chopping board at home ? What do you think ? Please any assistance helpful with this I’m in Australia . AQUALUNG AUSTRALIA have wiped their hands of helping me (and the limited lifetime warranty ) today as it’s an older company of AQUALUNG and they did a corporate reshuffle !!!?!$&

Attachments

• IMG_6526.jpeg
    IMG_6526.jpeg
    167.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_6527.jpeg
    IMG_6527.jpeg
    145.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_6528.jpeg
    IMG_6528.jpeg
    119.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_6532.jpeg
    IMG_6532.jpeg
    105.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_6506.jpeg
    IMG_6506.jpeg
    92.9 KB · Views: 43
FWIW I have used one of those kits. It was on a seaquest as well, one that was given to me. The kit and process worked exceptionally well, albeit very expensive. Ended up using the BC for a very short time before I decided to move in a different direction.

Verdict? just a little over $100 to repair a free BC was, in my mind, worth it even though I used it for a relatively short period of time.

I still have the BC and will use it with my Hookah system, hopefully this summer.

Hello , where did you source affordable repair kits ? These $80 USD parts are rather expensive compared to the cost of a new BCD and needing three of them !! This is a new five dive jacket and was stored well but has perished in the small flange fitting , threaded part is fine as is the whole piece on all three valves . I’m thinking of bonding them to a manufactured nylon flange made from chopping board at home ? What do you think ? Please any assistance helpful with this I’m in Australia . AQUALUNG AUSTRALIA have wiped their hands of helping me (and the limited lifetime warranty ) today as it’s an older company of AQUALUNG and they did a corporate reshuffle !!!?!$&
I ordered mine on Ebay but I had to search for the right parts.

the repair kit has risen to $129 . As I have the screw fitting and know the flange size I am going to goto an engineer with a lathe and have 3 manufactured from nylon or such as recommended by them !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom