BCD inflator hose Schrader valve?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@HenrikBP:
  1. If the inflator hose leaks while attached to the power inflator, then the o-ring (size 011) inside the quick disconnect needs to be replaced. You'll be able to see it if you shine a light inside the end of the quick disconnect on the inflator hose. BTW, this sucker is a pain-in-the-butt to replace. Cussin' and swearin' is allowed during this repair.

Hope this helps...

Bubble, I had this problem of a slow leak where the quick disconnect of the air supply hose slides onto the inflator assembly. It looked like some very fine grains of sand got under that size 011 o-ring inside the quick disconnect. It was very time consuming and frustrating to remove and replace that o-ring. Servicing an o-ring inside a cylinder like that is much more difficult than replacing the o-ring on the outside of a cylinder.

Can anyone point me to a recommended procedure for replacing this o-ring?

Thanks

@padudle

I need about ten seconds to change the 011 o-ring when the Schrader valve out.

Just remove the damaged o-ring with double hook pick or something similar.

Just find a small screw which head is exactly as high as the lower end of the o-ring groove, so it forms a base. Then push the o-ring into one side of the groove, then use a dowel like the the back end of the Scubatool picks to push the rest of the o-ring into the groove. Shake out the screw, put in again the Schrader valve and done. Piece of cake.......

Axxel, Thanks, that sounds like a good way to do it. Next time I'll try your way.

Back
Top Bottom