Beach Dive, South Broward, Saturday Morning July 28

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okey dokey, we can give you a visibility report after our first dive!!

I don't know if I'm doing one tank or two...

DebbyDiver:
Okey dokey, we can give you a visibility report after our first dive!!

I don't know if I'm doing one tank or two...

Two weeks ago the Viz was 40ft out on the reef, less closer to shore. Last weekend, we had 50ft on the 'brick road' at the Hollywood reef. I'm hoping/expecting good conditions and 1ft seas.

DeepSea,
yesterday the vis was 100' + offshore. I'm sure it will be beautiful near shore as well.

Ok, group 2 (lazy *****es), will be arriving at 9, hitting the water 9:30ish. Phew, still early for weekend fun, but whatever.

Lunch options (yes, I'm always worried about food):
There is a little restaurant in the park that is fun, sometimes live music. Or, there are grills around, but that brings me back to my lazyness point.

Mmmm, vis sounds wonderful!

I will be gone by lunchtime...too much to do tomorrow but at least I'll get in a dive...maybe two. That little restaurant is great and it's been there for years.

I'm thinking...erojacks first dive because it is a long walk, and if I do a second dive I'll do the south end by the big condos.

Hey y'all...I've never done the erojacks from Dania Beach north of the pier, I've always done them from Lloyd...what mark on the beach do I swim out from to hit the jacks?

DebbyDiver:
Hey y'all...I've never done the erojacks from Dania Beach north of the pier, I've always done them from Lloyd...what mark on the beach do I swim out from to hit the jacks?

Usually walk north on the beach until you get to the jacks that are on the beach, then head out about 100 yards. It's a long walk, but worth it. When you get to the end of the jacks, let go, and the current will usually bring you back towards the pier on the reef.

Thanks! I've simply never approached it from the southern end. I'm looking forward to taking lots of pics, it's a beautiful dive.

I hope the current will be out of the North...it was very strong out of the South on Wednesday where I was diving!!

I updated the first post: I will be at the north end of the beach near the pier at 8 a.m. to dive the jacks.

Weather permitting Lisa and I will be there with the 9:00am "lazy *****es".

It's understandable given your battle against anorexia. Keep fighting the good fight! :popcorn: You've got my support.

OBXDIVEGUY:
Lunch options (yes, I'm always worried about food)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom