Becoming a Divemaster in Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did it in Puerto Galera at Divedojo dive center. Have a look in the Philippine Paradise divers section. There are currently a few threads going on about this exact question...

Cheers!

I'm not necessarily locked into anything. Where in the Phillipines did you go (what diveshop)? I can do some more research.

Hi Shadz,

I been of the island for a few weeks getting married, but am back in full training mode now. If you need any help in your research just email me. will@goprocaribbean.com

The Bay Islands offers excellent pro training partly becuase we have so many students passing through for you guys to practice on. Remember its all about the experience of the instructors working in the shop at the time, some have a higher staff turnover than others. Check out the shops crew pages on their websites to get an idea of the team they currently have and how long they have worked there.

Regards

Will

I did my DM with Reef Gliders last summer. Despite the "coup" and subsequent downturn in tourism, I loved every minute of it. they are a great shop with really smart group of instructors. I think that there are a lot of places in Roatan that would give you a great experience.

I'll warn you that there is a tradition for graduating divemasters in West End; maybe it's the same everywhere but anyway. It seems that to join the ranks of divemaster, one must consume a significant quantity of alcohol through their snorkel tube.

I'll warn you that there is a tradition for graduating divemasters in West End; maybe it's the same everywhere but anyway. It seems that to join the ranks of divemaster, one must consume a significant quantity of alcohol through their snorkel tube.

Its certainly a very popular tradition with nearly everyone choosing to partake in the opportunity for free booze! Buts it is optional!

Its certainly a very popular tradition with nearly everyone choosing to partake in the opportunity for free booze! Buts it is optional!

I suppose that correlates to the amount of free booze. :mooner:

This is a typical graduation celebration - you'll notice you can't take a breath unless the snorkel is empty.

IMG_1051.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom