Been in the Philippines for just over 2.5 Months and...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So just got back from a trip to Verde Island. The Dives were nice, but the resort we stayed at (still under renovation) Los Palmas was exceptional. If you get the opportunity spend a couple of days there while diving the Verde Wall or the Washing Machine..

I think Siquijor still tops the Dive Site list.

Just a quick update I have now been here for just over 4 months and just got back from

Alabat Island(Quezon Province)

Additionally I have back to Bohol 3 times due to its proximity to Cebu and the great diving at Balicisag Island.

So each place (Alabat, Bolinoa, Bohol, Mactan, MoalBoal, Sorsogon, Siquijor, Verde Island), had high points but overall I enjoyed Verdes Wall and Siquijor best.

Will go to Palawan soon I hope it is as nice as I hear it is.

Cheers,
Roger

Last edited by a moderator:
You are living the life!!! Keep the reports coming!

Thanks Babydamulag,
As we briefly discussed many months ago, I would like to make it up to your neck of the woods and check out your facilities before Nov if possible.

Cheers,
Roger

We will be diving from 14 DEC through January 12. Bring it on!

Roger, it's been several years since I dived Siquijor, where did you dive there, and with what 'outfit'. When I was there, the walls were nice, but seemed rather 'void' of much life, at least compared to other sites nearby such as Apo Island and such?

Boxcar,
We dove several sites there, I dont have my dive log with me but we dove the Sanctuary, I think Sunken Island, a couple of points with a pretty good current. The Diving was mostly planned by a local dive instructor named Tata who acted as our guide. We stayed at smaller resorts that dont advertise. I think you are right that compared to APO there are not that many fish(although I have not dove APO only heard about it). But the reefs are in good shape and we did not see any evidence of the Dynamiteros(sp).

Roger, it's been several years since I dived Siquijor, where did you dive there, and with what 'outfit'. When I was there, the walls were nice, but seemed rather 'void' of much life, at least compared to other sites nearby such as Apo Island and such?

Cheers,
Roger

How I envy you. Anyway, how was Bolinao? Is there a dive operator there? I was planning to go there a couple of months back and the reviews i got were bad. They said its dynamite out there.

Thanks

we used the compressor at the MSI so I did not become familiar with the Dive Store, although I did stop by there three times and could never find it open, There was a lot of Dynamite damage and a lot of run off from the fish farms

Iris has been diving up in Bolinao too. Not so impressive. Funny that I graduated from the MSI and never had the chance to go there...

I'm curious about diving around 100 islands though.

Back
Top Bottom