Beer...The Perfect Pre-Dive Drink???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Personaly I always get loaded the night befor a deep air dive so as to be more imune to the affects of nitrogen.
.:goofy: ..yea right if you belive that I got a bridge to sell you. BTW I dont even use air for my car tires any more.

Hey Scott how was the vis on the ponquogue bridge? we had 40 feet vis off shinnecock in 104 feet of water and around 20 feet in 60 feet of water last weekend

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...
See...they were fishing...they were just doing it from below the surface.....First you say it is cool if they're fishing, then you're opposed to it....man you NY people are screwy....:wink:

It must be something in the water :wink:

When I decided on the title for this thread, somehow I knew you'd be among the first to respond :D

Jersey- It does get a little scary on weekends, doesn't it. I've been down on the Jersey Shore in the summertime. The crowds get insane over there!

salty once bubbled...
I dont even use air for my car tires any more.

That's kinda funny. Mind if I steal it?

Salty- Excellent as usual. The vis was OK (maybe 15 feet). I was a little disappointed though because it was one of those rare nights when the water was almost flat calm. I was hoping for 20-30'.

Might be going out to dive the Moriches artificial reef this weekend. Here's a link if you're interested.

http://www.diveusmoriches.com/

ScottyK once bubbled...

Then they started breaking out dive gear and spear guns :confused:

Life in general and idiots in particular never cease to amaze me. :shaking:

Diverlady

diverlady once bubbled...
Life in general and idiots in particular never cease to amaze me. :shaking:
Diverlady
Just when you think you've seen it all, along comes a few Darwins to restore you're faith in innovation!

What are those famous last words?

"Hold my beer and watch this!"

PhotoTJ once bubbled...

That would make an appropriate epitaph if you add "DUH!!" to the end of it!! :D

Diverlady

A few months back, I took a day at Lake Tenkiller to work on some skills.

The campsite next to our diving point was filled with drunken divers with trucks and mullet harcuts. I couldn't believe what I was watching. One "good ole' boy" had gotten so sloshed by 3 PM, he was wandering around his campsite in his spandex yelling and screaming - dive suits hung and ready. Gotta love that Oklahoma Pride - NOT!

It's a normal thing there. Some weekends every drunk redneck with a speargun and a c-card comes out of the country side.

The boaters are no exception - Darwin at work again. Last weekend, we got hit with a fast and big thunderstorm at the same lake. It's not a good feeling to surface and immediately see one of those brightly arched lightning bolts streak overhead and down into the trees several hundred yards away. As we scampered to our vehicles for cover, I looked over my shoulder at the lake. I counted three water skiiers bouncing around in the rain and lightning bolts. I couldn't help but wonder what the hell goes through these people's minds.

There MUST be guardian angels at work...

James

PhotoTJ once bubbled...

No true self proclaimed Darwin canidate or redneck for that matter starts any sentence with "Hold my beer"

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...

No true self proclaimed Darwin canidate or redneck for that matter starts any sentence with "Hold my beer"

ROFL.. You're right - someone else might drink it, and it's MINE!!!! :fight:

Hey, maybe we can get PADI to come out with some new SI tables with a "How many beers" column...

These guys amaze me...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom