Belize And Costa Maya. Depths? Bring Gear Or Rent? Other Advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and 2 kids who are also certified will be going on a cruise ship in January and will be hitting, Roatan, Costa Maya, and Cozumel. With the 4 of us, I can't afford a boat dive, but was hoping to rent 4 tanks and do a shore dive. We have all of our own equipment, we will just need to rent tanks and weights. I have done some shore diving from Cozumel before, but only snorkeled at Costa Maya and Roatan. I am pretty sure that we will head down to the west end beach area in Roatan. I haven't found a good spot for shore diving in Costa Maya that will rent tanks. We did the Chankanaab national park in Cozumel last time, but that gets pricey to shore dive.
Any thoughts or help with things will help, as I really want to take my kids out to see some great things for their first salt water diving ever.

My wife and 2 kids who are also certified will be going on a cruise ship in January and will be hitting, Roatan, Costa Maya, and Cozumel. With the 4 of us, I can't afford a boat dive, but was hoping to rent 4 tanks and do a shore dive. We have all of our own equipment, we will just need to rent tanks and weights. I have done some shore diving from Cozumel before, but only snorkeled at Costa Maya and Roatan. I am pretty sure that we will head down to the west end beach area in Roatan. I haven't found a good spot for shore diving in Costa Maya that will rent tanks. We did the Chankanaab national park in Cozumel last time, but that gets pricey to shore dive.
Any thoughts or help with things will help, as I really want to take my kids out to see some great things for their first salt water diving ever.

Sorry, but I don't know anywhere in those ports where you could just rent tanks and do a shore dive. In all of those places, the dive sites are not close enough to shore to do beach entry (as far as I know)

Back
Top Bottom