Belize City

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

busted

Reaction score
I will be in Belize City on July 2001, staying at the Radisson Ft. George Hotel. Has anyone ever stayed there and used the dive operation of Hugh Parkey?

Hi busted,

Yes, I have. Hugh is the best in business down there. Tell him I said "Hello."

Hotel won't win any awards, but it's fully serviceable.

Do have fun.

DocVikingo

Belize... have heard that the diving there is great. Im currently Mexico based, so apart from Cozumel, Belize is high on my list for places to go sometime soon. When is the best part of the year to go?

Hey Busted,

We stayed at the Radisson the end of May. The staff was excellent and we enjoyed our visit. The hotel food was so so, but the restaurant across the street, The Smoking Mermaid, was excellent. There is definitly a rainy season which starts in June. The locals said the March - May is best.

Hugh's dive op uses top equipment and is very professional.

Enjoy and DSAO

How bad is the raining during late December to late January..?? Im thinking of going to Belize right after Xmas and the above post sounds somewhat discouraging.

That time of year that you are planning to go is reportedly very good. Also, as Doc mentioned in his earlier post, Hugh runs a first class operation.

Good luck and enjoy.

DSAO

Thanks, daylight. Im continuing to plan the trip and will be checking with you & the others on these boards as to what we should do.

Im going to start a new thread separately. Thanks again.

Hi, Groucho!

You can check on the Belize weather almanac by going to http://www.usatoday.com/weather/basemaps/samerica/nw785830.htm .In regards to hotels and dive shops, I vote for Hugh Parkay and the Radisson. Check with Zagnut for the condition of Belize after the hurricane...sounds like it was a little messy, but still decent. Should be better when you head there. We will be in Coz in December and January and the weather is about the same there as in Belize that time of year; i.e., just great with a chance of rain.

Joewr

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom