Belize cubera. 90 plus feet free diving.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ive prob seen 1000 spearing vids but it never gets old, your son has some skills kicking down there and picking his fish then making a good shot. Anyone who has never watched a skilled freediver do their thing is seriously missing out, its truly a sight to behold w the speed and stealth these guys have boating fish.

Your son like the moana carbon fins? Ive been contemplating upgrading my mako fiberglass 80s to the carbon moana blades and pathos pockets. They seem to be the **** but I wonder if its worth the 400 bones.

Ive prob seen 1000 spearing vids but it never gets old, your son has some skills kicking down there and picking his fish then making a good shot. Anyone who has never watched a skilled freediver do their thing is seriously missing out, its truly a sight to behold w the speed and stealth these guys have boating fish.

Your son like the moana carbon fins? Ive been contemplating upgrading my mako fiberglass 80s to the carbon moana blades and pathos pockets. They seem to be the **** but I wonder if its worth the 400 bones.

Jake holds his breath for about 5 minutes static. But dives like that are usually 1 min 20 to 45 seconds or so. He also swam in the Indiana High school State Finals so he's developed good technique swimming.

Yes, the Moana fins are the best I've tried. They have more snap than the other two carbons I've tried. I switched back to my other pair last week for a day and I immediately noticed the difference. It felt like I had short scuba fins on again. :D Jake and I also did trials in our cement reservoirs at the shrimp hatchery. We both used 15% to 20% less kick cycles using the Moanas. Getting down to 70 feet is nothing with these.
The Pathos foot pockets are a little ....flat? on top. Bill Macintyre and a few others have modified them using a heat gun. Jake and I stretched and custom fitted ours by dipping the top of the pocket into hot water, then putting the fin on. Cool it with ice. They came out perfect but we also found that you can't leave them out in the sun or they will revert back to the original shape a bit. Just keep them shaded out on the boat.

And me too.....I never get tired of spearing videos.

Thanks for the good info, I may ask for a pair from the wife for my upcoming birthday lol.

Stay safe fellas, lots of freediving accidents lately.

Thanks for the good info, I may ask for a pair from the wife for my upcoming birthday lol.

Stay safe fellas, lots of freediving accidents lately.

No kidding. I'd seen this guy's posts on Spearboard. Really nice guy and experienced. It just brings it home.....it can happen to any of us. Dive safe. And Rest in Peace diver.

Searchers Hope Cadaver Dogs Help Find Missing Diver 5newsonline.comDive teams from Benton, Crawford, Logan and Washington counties suspend their search for a missing fisherman to give room for cadaver dogs to narrow down possible search zones Sunday (July 28). "We...

Back
Top Bottom